Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Researching material for MCAD/SD

Researching material for MCAD/SD

Saga

I am researching to see what material is available for the
70-300, 305, 306, 310 and 229 exams.

I have read recommendations regarding the Mike G. books,
so they are at the top of the list. I also found this at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

Reviews are mixed, there are two used/new copies selling
real cheap (which makes me wonder) so I would like to
ask these two ngs for any feedback on this book.

Any recommendations on other books are, of course,
welcomed

Another question that comes up is that I know that MS
Press is selling a bunble of books that cover these exams,
plus those for the C# track. The usual price for the bundle
is around $129. Also, MS Press has specific full volumes
(self paced training kits they call them) for each specific
exam (sold separately). Is there any advantage in purchasing
the bundle of books and also buying the individual volumes?
I would imagine that they might compliment each other, but
I am not certain.

For example:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=UTF8&v=glance

This is a full volume... for exams 305/315. Notice that going
a little down the page there is a "Better Together" section and
the other product IS the kit bundle that I mentioned earlier.

Thanks all!
Saga

Eric

Saga wrote:

> I am researching to see what material is available for the
> 70-300, 305, 306, 310 and 229 exams.

For VB.NET: Mike Gunderloy's books are best. For C#, Amit Kalani's
books are best. Get the blue training guides, not the red Exam Cram.

I don't get very excited about any book for 70-229. I just used
Transcenders, Books On Line, and the web.

For 70-300, I hear the Exam Cram book is the best.

Eric