Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > How to protect the LCD from being scratched accidentally?

How to protect the LCD from being scratched accidentally?

dalimoh@gmail.com

On Mar 4, 3:05 am, "Lez Pawl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Paul Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>

> > On 3 Mar 2007 22:46:02 -0800
> > "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> hello all

> >> i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
> >> uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?

> >> for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or something,
> >> or even if it touched anything accidentally

> >> is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera body
> >> including the LCD?

> >> any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
> >> appreciated

> > Just don't use a bag that's lined with sandpaper.

> > In my limited experience (an Oly C700 and a Panasonic FZ30), LCD
> > screens don't scratch easily. I have a bag to fit each, and have
> > hauled them around in backpacks, in the trunk of the car, slung over
> > the shoulder on long walks, etc. No scratches on screens, ever.
> > Both screens have fingerprints and grime on them, but neither is
> > scratched.

> > Don't worry about it so much. Just get a bag that fits and has
> > appropriate pockets for memory and spare batteries, and go shooting.

> > Paul Allen

> If he has no sense to Google how can you expect him to handle a
> camera.............- Hide quoted text -

lol
it is saturday night, u must be too drunk sir

do you think anybody would come to ask questions on groups without
googling/yahooing what he is looking for 1st ?

pls ignore my question and move on to someone elses post

good night

dalimoh

Lez Pawl

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> On Mar 4, 3:05 am, "Lez Pawl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> "Paul Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

>> > Just don't use a bag that's lined with sandpaper.

>> > In my limited experience (an Oly C700 and a Panasonic FZ30), LCD
>> > screens don't scratch easily. I have a bag to fit each, and have
>> > hauled them around in backpacks, in the trunk of the car, slung over
>> > the shoulder on long walks, etc. No scratches on screens, ever.
>> > Both screens have fingerprints and grime on them, but neither is
>> > scratched.

>> > Don't worry about it so much. Just get a bag that fits and has
>> > appropriate pockets for memory and spare batteries, and go shooting.

>> > Paul Allen

>> If he has no sense to Google how can you expect him to handle a
>> camera.............- Hide quoted text -

> lol
> it is saturday night, u must be too drunk sir
>
> do you think anybody would come to ask questions on groups without
> googling/yahooing what he is looking for 1st ?
>
> pls ignore my question and move on to someone elses post
>
> good night
>
> dalimoh

just keep calling me Sir I like that.........................

Dennis Pogson

Paul Allen wrote:
> On 3 Mar 2007 22:46:02 -0800
> "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> hello all
>>
>> i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
>> uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?
>>
>> for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or something,
>> or even if it touched anything accidentally
>>
>> is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera
>> body including the LCD?
>>
>> any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
>> appreciated

> Just don't use a bag that's lined with sandpaper.
>
> In my limited experience (an Oly C700 and a Panasonic FZ30), LCD
> screens don't scratch easily. I have a bag to fit each, and have
> hauled them around in backpacks, in the trunk of the car, slung over
> the shoulder on long walks, etc. No scratches on screens, ever.
> Both screens have fingerprints and grime on them, but neither is
> scratched.

The fingerprints and grime can be removed with hot breath and a microfibre
duster, kept for that purpose only. The duster is then folded and covers the
screen whilst the camera is in it's custom Lowerpro bag.

There, that didn't hurt, did it?

The way some people tolerate shitty eqiuipment makes me wonder if their
photos are just the same.

Lez Pawl

"Dennis Pogson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsOwGh.50973$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Paul Allen wrote:
>> On 3 Mar 2007 22:46:02 -0800
>> "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> hello all
>>>
>>> i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
>>> uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?
>>>
>>> for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or something,
>>> or even if it touched anything accidentally
>>>
>>> is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera
>>> body including the LCD?
>>>
>>> any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
>>> appreciated

>> Just don't use a bag that's lined with sandpaper.
>>
>> In my limited experience (an Oly C700 and a Panasonic FZ30), LCD
>> screens don't scratch easily. I have a bag to fit each, and have
>> hauled them around in backpacks, in the trunk of the car, slung over
>> the shoulder on long walks, etc. No scratches on screens, ever.
>> Both screens have fingerprints and grime on them, but neither is
>> scratched.
>>

> The fingerprints and grime can be removed with hot breath and a microfibre
> duster, kept for that purpose only. The duster is then folded and covers
> the
> screen whilst the camera is in it's custom Lowerpro bag.
>
> There, that didn't hurt, did it?
>
> The way some people tolerate shitty eqiuipment makes me wonder if their
> photos are just the same.

thank you Sir..................

Justin C

On 2007-03-04, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> it is saturday night, i can understand your useless replies, and
> execuse you for them
>
> peace sir
>
> dalimoh

We'll have no more of that. <plonk>

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.

Lez Pawl

"Justin C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) e.com...
> On 2007-03-04, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> it is saturday night, i can understand your useless replies, and
>> execuse you for them
>>
>> peace sir
>>
>> dalimoh

> We'll have no more of that. <plonk>
>
> Justin.
>
> --
> Justin C, by the sea.

ahhhaaaa.............a plonker

JohnR66

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> hello all
>
> i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
> uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?
>
> for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or something,
> or even if it touched anything accidentally
>
> is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera body
> including the LCD?
>
> any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
> appreciated
>
> thnx in advance
>
> regards
>
> dalimoh

You can buy screen covers used for PDAs and trim it to fit your screen. You
can find them at computer/electronic retailers. Perhaps even on eBay.
In my experience, the screens seem to have a scratch resistant coating and
never get scratched under normal use.
John

ray

On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 22:46:02 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> hello all
>
> i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
> uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?
>
> for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or something,
> or even if it touched anything accidentally
>
> is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera body
> including the LCD?
>
> any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
> appreciated
>
> thnx in advance
>
> regards
>
> dalimoh

FWIW - I've been using digital cameras with rear LCDs for several years
(my first was a Kodak DC210+ 1mp) and never had any problems. BTW - I
seldom use the LCD anyway. I certainly cannot shoot using that to frame
and I wait until I upload photos to the computer to review. I'd be just as
happy with a camera that didn't have a read LCD - batteries would
certainly last longer - normally I just turn it off if that's an option.

Ockham's Razor

In article <LJBGh.99174$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"JohnR66" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > hello all
> >
> > i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
> > uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?
> >
> > for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or something,
> > or even if it touched anything accidentally
> >
> > is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera body
> > including the LCD?
> >
> > any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
> > appreciated
> >
> > thnx in advance
> >
> > regards
> >
> > dalimoh
> >

> You can buy screen covers used for PDAs and trim it to fit your screen. You
> can find them at computer/electronic retailers. Perhaps even on eBay.
> In my experience, the screens seem to have a scratch resistant coating and
> never get scratched under normal use.
> John

The last camera I bought included several freebies one of which was
several plastic films that you could peel off the paper backing and
stick over the LCD. Should be more than tough enough to prevent
accidental scratching.

carrying a cross."
Sinclair Lewis

Marvin