Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > How to protect the LCD from being scratched accidentally?

How to protect the LCD from being scratched accidentally?

dalimoh@gmail.com

hello all

i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?

for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or something,
or even if it touched anything accidentally

is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera body
including the LCD?

any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
appreciated

thnx in advance

regards

dalimoh

Lez Pawl

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> hello all
>
> i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
> uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?
>
> for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or something,
> or even if it touched anything accidentally
>
> is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera body
> including the LCD?
>
> any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
> appreciated
>
> thnx in advance
>
> regards
>
> dalimoh

there is a bag.................Google for it

dalimoh@gmail.com

On Mar 4, 1:54 am, "Lez Pawl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>

> > hello all

> > i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
> > uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?

> > for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or something,
> > or even if it touched anything accidentally

> > is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera body
> > including the LCD?

> > any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
> > appreciated

> > thnx in advance

> > regards

> > dalimoh

> there is a bag.................Google for it- Hide quoted text -

really !!? DUH

thats not a useful answer for a specific question

dalimoh

MarkČ

> On Mar 4, 1:54 am, "Lez Pawl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>>

>>> hello all

>>> i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
>>> uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?

>>> for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or
>>> something, or even if it touched anything accidentally

>>> is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera
>>> body including the LCD?

>>> any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
>>> appreciated

>>> thnx in advance

>>> regards

>>> dalimoh

>> there is a bag.................Google for it- Hide quoted text -

> really !!? DUH
>
> thats not a useful answer for a specific question

Sure it is.
Look at this:
http://www.google.com/search?q=bag&s...n-US:-official
There. Wasn't that helpful???

www.pbase.com/markuson

Paul Allen

On 3 Mar 2007 22:46:02 -0800

> hello all
>
> i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
> uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?
>
> for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or something,
> or even if it touched anything accidentally
>
> is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera body
> including the LCD?
>
> any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
> appreciated

Just don't use a bag that's lined with sandpaper.

In my limited experience (an Oly C700 and a Panasonic FZ30), LCD
screens don't scratch easily. I have a bag to fit each, and have
hauled them around in backpacks, in the trunk of the car, slung over
the shoulder on long walks, etc. No scratches on screens, ever.
Both screens have fingerprints and grime on them, but neither is
scratched.

Don't worry about it so much. Just get a bag that fits and has
appropriate pockets for memory and spare batteries, and go shooting.

Paul Allen

dalimoh@gmail.com

On Mar 4, 2:26 am, Paul Allen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 3 Mar 2007 22:46:02 -0800
>
> "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > hello all

> > i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
> > uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?

> > for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or something,
> > or even if it touched anything accidentally

> > is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera body
> > including the LCD?

> > any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
> > appreciated

> Just don't use a bag that's lined with sandpaper.
>
> In my limited experience (an Oly C700 and a Panasonic FZ30), LCD
> screens don't scratch easily. I have a bag to fit each, and have
> hauled them around in backpacks, in the trunk of the car, slung over
> the shoulder on long walks, etc. No scratches on screens, ever.
> Both screens have fingerprints and grime on them, but neither is
> scratched.
>
> Don't worry about it so much. Just get a bag that fits and has
> appropriate pockets for memory and spare batteries, and go shooting.
>
> Paul Allen

nice, thnx so much

dalimoh

dalimoh@gmail.com

On Mar 4, 2:20 am, "MarkČ" <mjmorgan(lowest even number
here)@cox..net> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > On Mar 4, 1:54 am, "Lez Pawl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> >>news:(E-Mail Removed) groups.com...

> >> there is a bag.................Google for it- Hide quoted text -

> > really !!? DUH

> > thats not a useful answer for a specific question

> Sure it is.
> Look at this:http://www.google.com/search?q=bag&s...utf-8&client=f...
> There. Wasn't that helpful???
>
> --
> Images (Plus Snaps & Grabs) by MarkČ at:
> www.pbase.com/markuson- Hide quoted text -

no it was not helpful lol

but thnx anyway

dalimoh

Lez Pawl

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> On Mar 4, 1:54 am, "Lez Pawl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>>

>> > hello all

>> > i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
>> > uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?

>> > for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or something,
>> > or even if it touched anything accidentally

>> > is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera body
>> > including the LCD?

>> > any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
>> > appreciated

>> > thnx in advance

>> > regards

>> > dalimoh

>> there is a bag.................Google for it- Hide quoted text -

> really !!? DUH
>
> thats not a useful answer for a specific question
>

> dalimoh

you one lazy poster...............

Lez Pawl

"Paul Allen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> On 3 Mar 2007 22:46:02 -0800
> "(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> hello all
>>
>> i am considering buying fz7 or fz8, but i am concerned about the
>> uncovered LCD, how one can i protect it ?
>>
>> for exapmple the LCD is easy to scratch if put in a bag or something,
>> or even if it touched anything accidentally
>>
>> is there any specially-designed bag or case to protect the camera body
>> including the LCD?
>>
>> any adviced from owners of similar types of cameras will be greately
>> appreciated

> Just don't use a bag that's lined with sandpaper.
>
> In my limited experience (an Oly C700 and a Panasonic FZ30), LCD
> screens don't scratch easily. I have a bag to fit each, and have
> hauled them around in backpacks, in the trunk of the car, slung over
> the shoulder on long walks, etc. No scratches on screens, ever.
> Both screens have fingerprints and grime on them, but neither is
> scratched.
>
> Don't worry about it so much. Just get a bag that fits and has
> appropriate pockets for memory and spare batteries, and go shooting.
>
> Paul Allen

If he has no sense to Google how can you expect him to handle a
camera.............

dalimoh@gmail.com

On Mar 4, 3:03 am, "Lez Pawl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>

> > On Mar 4, 1:54 am, "Lez Pawl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> >>news:(E-Mail Removed) groups.com...

> >> there is a bag.................Google for it- Hide quoted text -

> > really !!? DUH

> > thats not a useful answer for a specific question

> > dalimoh

> you one lazy poster...............- Hide quoted text -

it is saturday night, i can understand your useless replies, and
execuse you for them

peace sir

dalimoh