Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Internet on wireless PC's has disappeared!

Internet on wireless PC's has disappeared!

Simon Kempster

Hi,

I have a cable broadband connection and have recently installed a wireless
router to my network. I am currently running 4 P.C's in my house, two
connected directly to the router via ethernet and two using USB wireless
adaptors. The router is a Netgear MR814v2. The two P.C's connected via
ethernet have Internet access no problem. However, the wireless machines,
although working fine to start with, are now not accessing the Internet.
I've tried everything, I think. Any ideas?

=?Utf-8?B?SyBN?=

Hi there,

Did you resolve this issue?...if so how as I seem to have the same problem.

Cheers

"Simon Kempster" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a cable broadband connection and have recently installed a wireless
> router to my network. I am currently running 4 P.C's in my house, two
> connected directly to the router via ethernet and two using USB wireless
> adaptors. The router is a Netgear MR814v2. The two P.C's connected via
> ethernet have Internet access no problem. However, the wireless machines,
> although working fine to start with, are now not accessing the Internet.
> I've tried everything, I think. Any ideas?

Carey Holzman

www.careyholzman.com/netfixes.htm

Tip #3 on the non-working PCs

Carey

"Simon Kempster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5Cj3d.2720$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have a cable broadband connection and have recently installed a wireless
> router to my network. I am currently running 4 P.C's in my house, two
> connected directly to the router via ethernet and two using USB wireless
> adaptors. The router is a Netgear MR814v2. The two P.C's connected via
> ethernet have Internet access no problem. However, the wireless machines,
> although working fine to start with, are now not accessing the Internet.
> I've tried everything, I think. Any ideas?

Simon Kempster

Managed to get one PC working by using Internet connection wizard (not that
I hadn't already done this many times before with no results). I thought I'd
cracked it so did exactly the same on the other PC with no luck - bizarre!
At least one works!

Simon

"K M" <K http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there,
>
> Did you resolve this issue?...if so how as I seem to have the same

problem.

> Cheers
>
> "Simon Kempster" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a cable broadband connection and have recently installed a

wireless
> > router to my network. I am currently running 4 P.C's in my house, two
> > connected directly to the router via ethernet and two using USB wireless
> > adaptors. The router is a Netgear MR814v2. The two P.C's connected via
> > ethernet have Internet access no problem. However, the wireless

machines,
> > although working fine to start with, are now not accessing the Internet.
> > I've tried everything, I think. Any ideas?

bj

i have the same problem with my dlink wireless card & router. one day, the
laptop no longer wanted to connect to the router. the answer was NOT
allowing windows to configure the card. it's not precise, but seems to work
better than any teck support the boneheads at dlink offered.
good luck.
bill

news:5FD4d.340$(E-Mail Removed)...