Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Microsofts policies

Microsofts policies

Boogghy

When microsoft stops or ceaese certain exams and
qualifications from continuing does that mean that the
stopped qualification cannot be studied for and that there
will be no exams posted on that qualification any more.
the reason why iam asking is because of here in our
country the industry still prefers the qualifications that
i desire so is there any thing i could do.

reply to (E-Mail Removed)

Hermit Dave

Policies are simple... the current certifications being offered are for the
application dev platform microsoft would like everyone to use.

Either way .net is way better than either dev using DNA... so right now the
only certifications being offered are .net related. or current products
related. not something thats dated and marked for discontinuation

Please get on with .net programming... you can continue to take advantage of
your current skills as they will still be used to support and bug fix.. but
you unfortunately cannot certify on those products any more

--

Regards,

Hermit Dave
(http://hdave.blogspot.com)
"Boogghy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:061601c49800$1cea0fe0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When microsoft stops or ceaese certain exams and
> qualifications from continuing does that mean that the
> stopped qualification cannot be studied for and that there
> will be no exams posted on that qualification any more.
> the reason why iam asking is because of here in our
> country the industry still prefers the qualifications that
> i desire so is there any thing i could do.
>
> reply to (E-Mail Removed)

Brad

I know it may seem like a bum rap to have two exams down and the rest are
discontinued, but in the future if you keep with with trends and
announcements at MS website, this newsgroup and other places, you'll find MS
generally announce exam retirements a year or more in advance.

As far as there being anything that you can do... no not really. The exams
you did pass are still valid on your transcript, but if the exams you still
need are retired, then that is that.

Here is the current retirment list (they all retired in June):

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...mstoretire.asp

"Boogghy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:061601c49800$1cea0fe0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When microsoft stops or ceaese certain exams and
> qualifications from continuing does that mean that the
> stopped qualification cannot be studied for and that there
> will be no exams posted on that qualification any more.
> the reason why iam asking is because of here in our
> country the industry still prefers the qualifications that
> i desire so is there any thing i could do.
>
> reply to (E-Mail Removed)

Cindy, I hope you're not caught up in yet another hurricane!

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 06:06:12 -0700, "Boogghy"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>When microsoft stops or ceaese certain exams and
>qualifications from continuing does that mean that the
>stopped qualification cannot be studied for and that there
>will be no exams posted on that qualification any more.
>the reason why iam asking is because of here in our
>country the industry still prefers the qualifications that
>i desire so is there any thing i could do.
>
>reply to (E-Mail Removed)

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Hermit Dave

actually she hasn't been around for a while...

--

Regards,

Hermit Dave
(http://hdave.blogspot.com)
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Cindy, I hope you're not caught up in yet another hurricane!
>
> On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 06:06:12 -0700, "Boogghy"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >When microsoft stops or ceaese certain exams and
> >qualifications from continuing does that mean that the
> >stopped qualification cannot be studied for and that there
> >will be no exams posted on that qualification any more.
> >the reason why iam asking is because of here in our
> >country the industry still prefers the qualifications that
> >i desire so is there any thing i could do.
> >
> >reply to (E-Mail Removed)

> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

>actually she hasn't been around for a while...

that's what I mean!

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Cindy Winegarden

Hi Kline Sphere,

Thanks for thinking of me; I'm in North Carolina USA so Ivan hasn't hit here
(yet). Sometimes I just have other stuff that has to get done.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) www.cindywinegarden.com

news:(E-Mail Removed)...