Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > MCSD 2005 Certification

MCSD 2005 Certification

Will Microsoft introduce a new track for VS 2005?

Hermit Dave

well lets see... indigo merges a whole lot of things together... so they
should atleast re-introduce a new cert to reflect that in 2006 (so maybe a
new webservices and server components exam).... but your guess is as good as
mine (hopefully)... and we shall find out...

--

Regards,

Hermit Dave
(http://hdave.blogspot.com)
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:90fc01c49691$50875fd0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Will Microsoft introduce a new track for VS 2005?

Eric

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Will Microsoft introduce a new track for VS 2005?

I personally think they will. ASP.NET 2.0 has a lot of changes, and
even the code-behind model has changed. 1.1 code still works in
Whidbey, but they really want us to use the new components for new page
designs. They don't even have some of the old components in the ToolBox
(but they are present for pre-existing applications to use).

Web Services have changed a lot. WSE 2 adds a lot of new functionality,
even without considering Indigo.

They haven't announced any changes yet. It might be 6 months to a year
before we see the changes.

Eric

>Will Microsoft introduce a new track for VS 2005?

wait until VS 2007 or VS 2009

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Jay Walters

WSE 2.0 is a developer add-on ... it will probably never
be in an exam.

I really don't see a lot of changes in the framework, yes
new controls and what not, but none of those are in the
exams either.

2.0 feels more like 1.2

Eric

Jay Walters wrote:

> WSE 2.0 is a developer add-on ... it will probably never
> be in an exam.

But the standards implemented by WSE2 are very important, as is the
Basic Profile. I'm sure that these will be on future tests, perhaps
after the release of 2.0. It won't be an "add-on" after 2.0 is
released, but they might have further releases of WSE.

The Web Service standards are still being defined, so MS needs to
release support for these in increments.

> I really don't see a lot of changes in the framework, yes
> new controls and what not, but none of those are in the
> exams either.

They're not on the exams yet...

> 2.0 feels more like 1.2

I was thinking it felt more like 3.0. They didn't just change the
framework, but all core areas have significant changes.

And the development experience with VS 2005 is almost completely
different. The IDE is a lot smarter, and we don't have to spend so much
time on common coding as we do today.

And we haven't even discussed SQL Server 2005 ...

Eric

Jose Luis Manners

so you think one will better off taking 70-316 right now, since the biggest
change is in ASP.NET which will cause 70-315 to change?

--
Regards,

Jose Luis Manners
http://ireflect.blogspot.com/

"Encuentra felicidad en tu trabajo o nunca serás feliz."
Cristóbal Colón

<Eric> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Will Microsoft introduce a new track for VS 2005?

> I personally think they will. ASP.NET 2.0 has a lot of changes, and
> even the code-behind model has changed. 1.1 code still works in
> Whidbey, but they really want us to use the new components for new page
> designs. They don't even have some of the old components in the ToolBox
> (but they are present for pre-existing applications to use).
>
> Web Services have changed a lot. WSE 2 adds a lot of new functionality,
> even without considering Indigo.
>
> They haven't announced any changes yet. It might be 6 months to a year
> before we see the changes.
>
> Eric

Eric

Jose Luis Manners wrote:

> so you think one will better off taking 70-316 right now, since the
> biggest change is in ASP.NET which will cause 70-315 to change?

There have been the least number of changes in Windows Forms, but the
IDE itself has some changes that affect the way you write Windows Forms
programs.

I think you should take the test you are the most prepared for. And do
what you can without worrying about the future.

After the dust settles on the VS 2005 rollout, they may just have 1
upgrade test to cover all of the areas.

It's too far away to worry about it now. Do whatever you can do to help
your career right now.

Eric

Jose Luis Manners

thanks. will do.

--
Regards,

Jose Luis Manners
http://ireflect.blogspot.com/

"Encuentra felicidad en tu trabajo o nunca serás feliz."
Cristóbal Colón

<Eric> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jose Luis Manners wrote:
>
> > so you think one will better off taking 70-316 right now, since the
> > biggest change is in ASP.NET which will cause 70-315 to change?

> There have been the least number of changes in Windows Forms, but the
> IDE itself has some changes that affect the way you write Windows Forms
> programs.
>
> I think you should take the test you are the most prepared for. And do
> what you can without worrying about the future.
>
> After the dust settles on the VS 2005 rollout, they may just have 1
> upgrade test to cover all of the areas.
>
> It's too far away to worry about it now. Do whatever you can do to help
> your career right now.
>
> Eric

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBHZXVydGplbnM=?=

I think the answer is yes. There will be new exams for MCSD 2005.

There was a webcast by Jacob Cynamon, MSDN Developer Community Champion,
who said that there would be new exams for VS2005.

You can hear this for yourself on

http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/We...CountryCode=US

The webcast is entitled:
Preparing for your next MCAD or MCSD exam—Level 200

MCSD.NET 2005 certification Ashok MCSD 0 01-10-2005 06:18 AM
Re: MCSD vb6 - is it worth it? MCSD v6 exams expiring in 2004 Davin MCSD 0 06-30-2003 03:26 PM
Re: MCSD vb6 - is it worth it? MCSD v6 exams expiring in 2004 Cindy Winegarden MCSD 0 06-29-2003 07:42 PM
How to upgrade from MCSD to MCSD.Net? Deena MCSD 1 06-29-2003 10:53 AM

Advertisments