Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Need Help in .net certification

Need Help in .net certification

Manjusha Chandrasekharan

Hi,
I would like to apply for MCSD on .net.Please guide me
how to proceed. Also guide me with complete details on
the papers and syllabus.
Thank you,
Regards,
Manju

Hermit Dave

Manju do yourself a favour and call up the nearest NIIT / Karrox education
center.

The following links might be helpful...

Basic info on what MCP/MCAD/MCSD is
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/

pointers to the right places...
MCP.. you give one exam you become MCP
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcp/default.asp

MCAD.. do 3 select MCP exmas and you become MCAD
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcad/default.asp

MCSD.. do all the required MCPs for a particular stream and you become MCSD
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsd/default.asp

For .NET certification(s) MCP/ MCAD/ MCSD:
you have 55 questions
passing score is 700 of 1000
its a 2 hour exam (plus 15 mins for tutorial + 15 for comments)
it costs 103.something GBP in uk...
you can find out the cost for your country at
www.2test.com

Also... you can take the exam in any order.. start with elective or a core
MCP.
the only requirement is that you do the least number of MCPs required for
your cert

If you program in C#.. get Amit Kalani's stuff... its not too bad... infact
i am doing my 70-320 with this book and it all looks good so far.

if you want MS training material...
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/Books/default.asp

--

Regards,

Hermit Dave
(http://hdave.blogspot.com)
"Manjusha Chandrasekharan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:900101c49691$588a00c0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I would like to apply for MCSD on .net.Please guide me
> how to proceed. Also guide me with complete details on
> the papers and syllabus.
> Thank you,
> Regards,
> Manju

Manju's Brother

Dude,

You're out of grade school ! So, don't expect to
be "spoon fed" ! GROW UP !

Brad

Does MS block access to its web site in India or something? How much
stilted English has to pour through here making the same pathetic attempt to
ask the same dumb questions?

"Manjusha Chandrasekharan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:900101c49691$588a00c0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I would like to apply for MCSD on .net.Please guide me
> how to proceed. Also guide me with complete details on
> the papers and syllabus.
> Thank you,
> Regards,
> Manju

Schfooge

"Manju's Brother" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:947f01c496cb$eb38eb40$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dude,
>
> You're out of grade school ! So, don't expect to
> be "spoon fed" ! GROW UP !

How do you know he's out of grade school? It sounds very much like he might
still be there.

Schfooge

"Brad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does MS block access to its web site in India or something? How much
> stilted English has to pour through here making the same pathetic attempt
> ask the same dumb questions?
>
> "Manjusha Chandrasekharan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:900101c49691$588a00c0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>> I would like to apply for MCSD on .net.Please guide me
>> how to proceed. Also guide me with complete details on
>> the papers and syllabus.
>> Thank you,
>> Regards,
>> Manju

It's scary when you consider that much of the work being outsourced to India
is going to be done by people who can't figure out the difference between
Microsoft's email address and a newsgroup.

Hermit Dave

Its scary indeed... but you have to understand the reasons behind it... its
not a lame excuse but sort of a fact.... see i was born there and lived for
about 24 years out there...

Population: 1Billion+
Percentage of Educated People: 10 - 15% (not just the basic literacy skills
which is debated between 50 - 70%)
Percentage of Peple working in IT 3%
(quoting one of the CEOs of Indian IT Giant - China will install 13 million
PCs, of which 8 or 9 million they will make themselves. We have just 3
million PCs.)

now every job market in india goes into phases... IT did great for a while
and then it had the downturn (a small effect) but it ended up with more
outsourced projects. hell lot of people in IT leave india and relocate
somewhere else... so nowadays IT companies pay hell lot of money...

so you end up with a situation where you potentially have hell lot of
wannabes.... i dont know why this people some all the way here to post those
messages cause india has hell lot of stupid computer education companies as
well... and people should just go to one of them... but hey... 1 of 1
Billion and its still not too bad... (even if its everyday)....

--

Regards,

Hermit Dave
(http://hdave.blogspot.com)

> It's scary when you consider that much of the work being outsourced to

India
> is going to be done by people who can't figure out the difference between
> Microsoft's email address and a newsgroup.

Brad

> It's scary when you consider that much of the work being outsourced to

India
> is going to be done by people who can't figure out the difference between
> Microsoft's email address and a newsgroup.

LOL. Well its funny, here in the States it has been my experience that your
average Joe doesn't even have a clue what Usenet or newsgroups or a
newsreader is. When they do encounter it they seem to think its the same
thing as any old web forum. Tons of people are only able to access these
boards through web interfaces like Google (mainly because they have no idea
that their ISP provides them a news server). And then you have all these
people popping up here who are so totally clueless, yet they managed to post
their question on a newsgroup (I dunno', maybe they're using Google too).

Hermit Dave

i will second that... i didn't know what the heck a newsgroup was... did a
**** load of stuff... even having done a good couple certs i still had no
clue.
configuring stuff like outlook express i did see newsgroup account but didnt
really care... it was all about need to know basis....

plus most of the time msdn and google used to suffice (maybe that is why i
dont post stupid questions like a lot of NG users in just about any NGs)
I went authentic for the first time in my life and i got myself MSDN
professional open license. it had something like 5 support calls and
unlimited newsgroup support... so when i had a problem with cross server
authentication using forms i thought i should see what NGs are all about..
and it was then that i first configured NGs into my outlook express.. and
used it so you can say just about an year in my case..

And trust me i am not a bad programmer... i am not a modest one... and i
know what i need to know... infact i know hell lot more.. but its just that
i did not need to know and if i didnt care enough... you must have hell lot
of people who care even less... not just in india but globally

dont take it that i am sort of defensive here (me being a indian...) nah...
most people out there called me a UBI... it stands for Unfortunately Born in
India...

--

Regards,

Hermit Dave
(http://hdave.blogspot.com)
"Brad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > It's scary when you consider that much of the work being outsourced to

> India
> > is going to be done by people who can't figure out the difference

between
> > Microsoft's email address and a newsgroup.
> >

> LOL. Well its funny, here in the States it has been my experience that

your
> average Joe doesn't even have a clue what Usenet or newsgroups or a
> newsreader is. When they do encounter it they seem to think its the same
> thing as any old web forum. Tons of people are only able to access these
> boards through web interfaces like Google (mainly because they have no

idea
> that their ISP provides them a news server). And then you have all these
> people popping up here who are so totally clueless, yet they managed to

post
> their question on a newsgroup (I dunno', maybe they're using Google too).

Patriotic Indian

Hey UBI (Unfortunately Born in India) "ass hole",

Before you step on the soap box and start belittling your
country of birth and residence for 24 yrs, you might like
to punctuate your extremely long sentences so that
they're atleast easy to read ! Or, is it that you don't
care, because you're real busy in earning "IT"
certifications with pirated software ! (Quote : "I went
authentic for the first time in my life and i got myself
MSDN professional open license")

Just because you're in UK does not make you a smarty
pants. Remember, whoever makes it big in India are the
real fighters than cowards like you who whore their
country to foreigners !

Jai Hind !

- Patriotic Indian.