Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Passed 70-300

Passed 70-300

Scott Hamlin

Just got back from a successful go at the 70-300 test and thought I would
share some basic. My test had three scenarios - the first was 20 minutes
long (city power company), the second was 40 minutes (Woodgrove bank), and
the third was 60 minutes (fine arts college). About 80% of the questions
were related to the case studies, and the other 20% were general
requirements gathering or technical questions. Similiar posts have mentioned
this, but the answers to most of the case study based questions are in the
case study itself, so read and re-read the text.

Study materials:

MCSD Analyzing Requirements and Defining .NET Solutions Architectures Study
Guide (Exam 70-300) by McGraw-Hill / Osborne

MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Analyzing Requirements and Defining Microsoft
..NET Solution Architectures (Exam 70-300) by MS Press

http://www.codeclinic.com/certification.htm

Saga

Hey Scott, congrats!!!

I am going to start preparing for this exam. Of these two books, did
you find one more useful than the other. I saw both of these and bought
the MacGraw Hill/Osborne one.

Thanks!
Saga

"Scott Hamlin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:erJZc.96459$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just got back from a successful go at the 70-300 test and thought I

would
> share some basic. My test had three scenarios - the first was 20

minutes
> long (city power company), the second was 40 minutes (Woodgrove bank),

and
> the third was 60 minutes (fine arts college). About 80% of the

questions
> were related to the case studies, and the other 20% were general
> requirements gathering or technical questions. Similiar posts have

mentioned
> this, but the answers to most of the case study based questions are in

the
> case study itself, so read and re-read the text.
>
> Study materials:
>
> MCSD Analyzing Requirements and Defining .NET Solutions Architectures

Study
> Guide (Exam 70-300) by McGraw-Hill / Osborne
>
> MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Analyzing Requirements and Defining

Microsoft
> .NET Solution Architectures (Exam 70-300) by MS Press
>
> http://www.codeclinic.com/certification.htm

Penny

Did you get a score on your test report?

Thanks.

Scott Hamlin

Thank you!

They both have their advantages, but I found the MacGraw Hill book to be
test relevant - the topics seemed more geared to passing the test while the
MS Press book was more about learning the MSF, but didn't seem to point
directly at taking the test.

"Saga" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OlZ7e%(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hey Scott, congrats!!!
>
> I am going to start preparing for this exam. Of these two books, did
> you find one more useful than the other. I saw both of these and bought
> the MacGraw Hill/Osborne one.
>
> Thanks!
> Saga
>
> "Scott Hamlin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:erJZc.96459$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Just got back from a successful go at the 70-300 test and thought I

> would
> > share some basic. My test had three scenarios - the first was 20

> minutes
> > long (city power company), the second was 40 minutes (Woodgrove bank),

> and
> > the third was 60 minutes (fine arts college). About 80% of the

> questions
> > were related to the case studies, and the other 20% were general
> > requirements gathering or technical questions. Similiar posts have

> mentioned
> > this, but the answers to most of the case study based questions are in

> the
> > case study itself, so read and re-read the text.
> >
> > Study materials:
> >
> > MCSD Analyzing Requirements and Defining .NET Solutions Architectures

> Study
> > Guide (Exam 70-300) by McGraw-Hill / Osborne
> >
> > MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Analyzing Requirements and Defining

> Microsoft
> > .NET Solution Architectures (Exam 70-300) by MS Press
> >
> > http://www.codeclinic.com/certification.htm

Scott Hamlin

Yes, I got a score, but there was no breakdown of how well (or poorly) I did
in certain areas.

"Penny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:318401c49f2e$82a6ad90$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Did you get a score on your test report?
>
> Thanks.

Well I guess it would be unfair for anyone to have to understand
another company's process model, as 'most' companies would already
have there own process models in place. Nevertheless, the MSF would be
good starting point for anyone wishing to gain an understanding of how
process models are applied.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

penny

Did you register your test with Pearson VUE or Prometric?
The customer service rep of Microsoft told me that the
test report varies depend on which test center you
register. Is it true?

Thanks a lot,

Penny