Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Implementing 1D BSP

Implementing 1D BSP

dos.fishing@gmail.com

I know what a binary space partition tree is, but could someone explain
what a 1 dimensional BSP tree is? What is stored in the nodes and what
is stored in the leaves? What order?

Is it correct that one tries to organize points (or maybe line
segments) in the tree structure? If this is the case, I don't really
see any difference to a regular binary search tree.
Thankfull if anyone could enlighten me.

BR
//Kid

Jack Klein

On 9 Jan 2007 13:16:58 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote in
comp.lang.c:

> I know what a binary space partition tree is, but could someone explain
> what a 1 dimensional BSP tree is? What is stored in the nodes and what
> is stored in the leaves? What order?
>
> Is it correct that one tries to organize points (or maybe line
> segments) in the tree structure? If this is the case, I don't really
> see any difference to a regular binary search tree.
> Thankfull if anyone could enlighten me.

Your question does not have anything to do with the C language.

A good group for asking about algorithms, as you are, is

If you are trying to implement an algorithm in standard C and have
trouble, then post the problem code here and ask for help.

And of course you can always try typing a phrase like:

"one dimensional" "binary space partition tree"

....into Google and see what happens.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

dos.fishing@gmail.com

Roger that! ;o)

//Kid

Implementing Interface Gomathi ASP .Net 1 11-17-2005 03:09 PM
Need help implementing a proj on SPARTAN3 Riccardo Fregonese VHDL 2 01-03-2005 01:21 PM
Implementing the CORDIC algorithm without using Real Data Type Johnsy Joseph VHDL 2 10-29-2004 10:49 AM
Implementing E1 - E3 Dev VHDL 1 09-09-2004 09:06 AM
vhdl for implementing pre-fetch and an instruction cache Eqbal Z VHDL 3 11-16-2003 06:07 AM

Advertisments