Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > vb.net

vb.net

ishida

hi guys,

i am doing my first project in vb.net, and now am having
some problem, with the datagrid control.

i want to place a combobox on the grid, where in the data
in the grid will change simultaneously to the key value of
the combobox.

i have no clue how to do it, i browsed thru the net, but
they speak of some third party components, is it not
possible with out that, i am running short of time, please
help me out. waiting for u r earliest reply

ishida

Hermit Dave

i dont necessarily understand what you trying to ask.. but i reckon you want
a dropdownlist.
on its onselect or onclick event check to see if selectedindex > 0 if so get
the value of the selected index.. selectedvalue.
now if you have a database that you like to query then... simple open a
dataconnection and fire sql data adapter to get you the dataset based on
your selected value.
once you get the dataset.. again simple... set it as a datasource for the
datagrid and you are done. the data will be displayed as you want it.

--

Regards,

Hermit Dave
(http://hdave.blogspot.com)
"ishida" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:292b01c48e7e$21bd8af0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi guys,
>
> i am doing my first project in vb.net, and now am having
> some problem, with the datagrid control.
>
> i want to place a combobox on the grid, where in the data
> in the grid will change simultaneously to the key value of
> the combobox.
>
> i have no clue how to do it, i browsed thru the net, but
> they speak of some third party components, is it not
> possible with out that, i am running short of time, please
> help me out. waiting for u r earliest reply
>

> ishida

Daniel Joskovski

I think you can find what you search on

http://www.syncfusion.com/faq/winforms/

Regards,
Daniel

"ishida" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:292b01c48e7e$21bd8af0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi guys,
>
> i am doing my first project in vb.net, and now am having
> some problem, with the datagrid control.
>
> i want to place a combobox on the grid, where in the data
> in the grid will change simultaneously to the key value of
> the combobox.
>
> i have no clue how to do it, i browsed thru the net, but
> they speak of some third party components, is it not
> possible with out that, i am running short of time, please
> help me out. waiting for u r earliest reply
>

> ishida

ishida

hey guys,
my proplem is that i want a complete column in the
datagrid as combo box , i.e., for each row i will have a
combo box control where in i will have a list of data
droping in it from the database.

now please let me know how i can make a column as combobox.

waiting for u r earliest reply

regards
ishida

Geoff

You would be off posting this type of question to a more
appropriate newsgroup, one which caters for basic
questions asked by beginners. This is a newsgroup for
certification, and it is clear by your question that you
are somewhat lacking in the necessary areas required to
pass the three VB.net exams.

LOL!

perfect candidate for an mcsd then!

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3