Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > C99 Grammar Definition

C99 Grammar Definition

Ray Mitchell

Does anyone know where I can find a grammar definition for C99? Thanks.

jacob navia

Ray Mitchell a écrit :
> Does anyone know where I can find a grammar definition for C99? Thanks.

Annex A of the C standard contains the lexical grammar.

You can buy it for something like 20 US$ from ANSI.

rkk

I think the C programming language book by K & R has an appendix
covering the lexical part of the language.
Refer to the document in the below URL:
http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG...onaleV5.10.pdf

Good luck.

RKK

Ray Mitchell wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can find a grammar definition for C99? Thanks.

Richard Bos

"rkk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

[ Do not top-post. Corrected. ]

> Ray Mitchell wrote:
> > Does anyone know where I can find a grammar definition for C99? Thanks.

> I think the C programming language book by K & R has an appendix
> covering the lexical part of the language.

That doesn't cover C99, but (almost) C89. Ray Mitchell asked
specifically for C99.

> Refer to the document in the below URL:
> http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG...onaleV5.10.pdf

That _does_ cover C99, but doesn't have a grammar definition.

n1124.pdf (do a websearch, I don't have a URL at hand) does contain the
whole grammar, but spread through the document.

Richard

shaanxxx

http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG...docs/n1124.pdf

lawrence.jones@ugs.com

shaanxxx <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Richard Bos wrote:
>>
>> n1124.pdf (do a websearch, I don't have a URL at hand) does contain the
>> whole grammar, but spread through the document.

> http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG...docs/n1124.pdf

Although the grammar is spread through the document, it's also collected
together in Annex A.

-Larry Jones

They can make me do it, but they can't make me do it with dignity. -- Calvin

Tarique

http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/standards