Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Good C programming projects ?

Good C programming projects ?

trsxxx@gmail.com

Hi all,

Is anyone aware of any good sources for C programming projects ? I'm
specifically looking at areas such as algorithms or distributed
databases/file systems.

If anyone has such related information, please let me know.

Thank you.
TRS

Christopher Benson-Manica

> Is anyone aware of any good sources for C programming projects ? I'm
> specifically looking at areas such as algorithms or distributed
> databases/file systems.

"The C Programming Language" (by the esteemed K&R) has many small
projects that will exercise your algorithm muscle. If you're anything
more than the most casual of C dabblers you will want that book
anyway. If you're already a programmer, you'll have to be more
specific about what you mean by "algorithms".

Note that standard C has a limited concept of files and no clue about
directories; C lets you open, close, read, write, and delete files,
but perhaps not on the level you want. The underlying implementation
will probably provide much greater functionality in this area, and you
will probably want to consult an appropriate group such as (perhaps)
comp.unix.programmer.

Laurent Deniau

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is anyone aware of any good sources for C programming projects ? I'm
> specifically looking at areas such as algorithms or distributed
> databases/file systems.

I don't know if it is releavant, but the Sun JVM is well written.

a+, ld.