Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > sync/async serial comm..

sync/async serial comm..

Sundar

how d you classify a serial com port application as a asynchronous or a
synchronous operation...Meaning if i hve a handshakeing protocol t b
implemented then is it async or sync?

Ian Collins

Sundar wrote:
> how d you classify a serial com port application as a asynchronous or a
> synchronous operation...Meaning if i hve a handshakeing protocol t b
> implemented then is it async or sync?

Not a C question, maybe try a group dedicated to your platform.

--
Ian Collins.

santosh

Sundar wrote:
> how d you classify a serial com port application as a asynchronous or a
> synchronous operation...Meaning if i hve a handshakeing protocol t b
> implemented then is it async or sync?

Read your networking textbook.

osmium

"Sundar" writes:

> how d you classify a serial com port application as a asynchronous or a
> synchronous operation...Meaning if i hve a handshakeing protocol t b
> implemented then is it async or sync?

Wikipedia is uaually good for questions such as this.