Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > URGENT HELP REQUIRED FOR SIEBEL - PLEASE

URGENT HELP REQUIRED FOR SIEBEL - PLEASE

Blackspeech

We have Siebel running in a test environment and experiencing problems
as described below:

We receive automated trouble ticket information from a Remedy based
system that emails Siebel and expects to have a Service Request
assigmnment returned after the email is received and duly processed.

The issue is a little tricky in that if the Service Package Name in the
pre-formatted email contains more than one word the service request
(SR) is not generated within Siebel. i.e.

ABDCDE is fine

ABCDE FGHIJ is not.

I am not a techincal person, but rtaher someone who has a very big
interest in seeing this one resolved. I would appreciate any pointers
at all.

Many thanks in advance.

Richard Heathfield

Blackspeech said:

> We have Siebel running in a test environment and experiencing problems
> as described below:

<snip>

Here's one: http://www.oracle.com/siebel/index.html

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

Tor Rustad

Richard Heathfield wrote:
> Blackspeech said:
>
> > We have Siebel running in a test environment and experiencing
> > problems as described below:

<snip>

> Here's one: http://www.oracle.com/siebel/index.html

I would like a link, showing me the connection to ISO C...!

--
Tor <torust AT online DOT no>

Blackspeech

Tor Rustad wrote:
> Richard Heathfield wrote:
> > Blackspeech said:
> >
> > > We have Siebel running in a test environment and experiencing
> > > problems as described below:

> <snip>
>
> > Here's one: http://www.oracle.com/siebel/index.html

> I would like a link, showing me the connection to ISO C...!
>
> --
> Tor <torust AT online DOT no>

Aplologies if this post is out of place.

osmium

"Tor Rustad" writes:

> Richard Heathfield wrote:
>> Blackspeech said:
>>
>> > We have Siebel running in a test environment and experiencing
>> > problems as described below:

> <snip>
>
>> Here's one: http://www.oracle.com/siebel/index.html

> I would like a link, showing me the connection to ISO C...!

comp.lang.c.moderated will eliminate those annoying, helpful posts so you
don't have to waste your valuable time on nonsense.

Richard Heathfield

Tor Rustad said:

> Richard Heathfield wrote:
>> Blackspeech said:
>>
>> > We have Siebel running in a test environment and experiencing
>> > problems as described below:

> <snip>
>
>> Here's one: http://www.oracle.com/siebel/index.html

> I would like a link, showing me the connection to ISO C...!

Since the question was OT here, I redirected the OP to a place where he is
more likely to get help. I couldn't find a relevant newsgroup, so I found a
Web site instead, but nevertheless it was a redirection. Is that not SOP?

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999
http://www.cpax.org.uk
email: normal service will be restored as soon as possible. Please do not
adjust your email clients.

Mark McIntyre

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 07:14:25 -0800, in comp.lang.c , "osmium"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>comp.lang.c.moderated will eliminate those annoying, helpful posts so you
>don't have to waste your valuable time on nonsense.

You volunteering to moderate?
Et quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

--
Mark McIntyre

--Brian Kernighan

Ben Pfaff

Mark McIntyre <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 07:14:25 -0800, in comp.lang.c , "osmium"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>comp.lang.c.moderated will eliminate those annoying, helpful posts so you
>>don't have to waste your valuable time on nonsense.

> You volunteering to moderate?
> Et quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

clcm already has a moderator.
--
int main(void){char p[]="ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuv wxyz.\
);}return 0;}

Mark McIntyre

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 11:51:36 -0800, in comp.lang.c , Ben Pfaff
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Mark McIntyre <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 07:14:25 -0800, in comp.lang.c , "osmium"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>comp.lang.c.moderated will eliminate those annoying, helpful posts so you
>>>don't have to waste your valuable time on nonsense.

>> You volunteering to moderate?
>> Et quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

>clcm already has a moderator.

didn't even know it really existed - don't think my newsfeed carries
it.
--
Mark McIntyre

--Brian Kernighan

Keith Thompson

> Tor Rustad said:
>> Richard Heathfield wrote:

>> <snip>
>>
>>> Here's one: http://www.oracle.com/siebel/index.html

>> I would like a link, showing me the connection to ISO C...!

> Since the question was OT here, I redirected the OP to a place where he is
> more likely to get help. I couldn't find a relevant newsgroup, so I found a
> Web site instead, but nevertheless it was a redirection. Is that not SOP?

I'd recommend mentioning that it's off-topic in addition to providing
the link. Otherwise, the OP might be left with the impression that
comp.lang.c is a good place to ask about Siebel (whatever that is).

Of course, you can always count on *someone* to make that point.