Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Help for c-programming under windows in cvi development !

Help for c-programming under windows in cvi development !

Dr. Erhard Moenige

Hi all C-Programmers everywhere !

I 've been learning programming c in console-applications for 1 year
and now I'm tired of seeing this boring console-application in my
programms. Because of that I decited to programme c in Windows in the
CVI Development by National Instruments. I've bought this nice
development,but when I'd installed it I found out that is more complex
than I had expected.

That is why I asked you please to help me and give me a short
introduction in c programming in windows and in the cvi development.

Thank you a lot.

Best regards

Dr. Erhard Moenige

PS: Please excuse my worse English !

Jens Thoms Toerring

Dr. Erhard Moenige <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I 've been learning programming c in console-applications for 1 year
> and now I'm tired of seeing this boring console-application in my
> programms. Because of that I decited to programme c in Windows in the
> CVI Development by National Instruments. I've bought this nice
> development,but when I'd installed it I found out that is more complex
> than I had expected.

> That is why I asked you please to help me and give me a short
> introduction in c programming in windows and in the cvi development.

Sorry to have to disappoint you, but the topic of this newsgroup is
the C lanuage itself, not the myriads of integrated delevelopment
environments that exist for different systems. So you will probably
find not much help here since your problems seem to be more about
how to use your IDE and not about C itself. And I fear that even if
you would go to a Windows-specific newgroup most people won't be able
to help you since the National Instruments stuff is rather special
(and geared toward data acquisition and probably LabView) that also
most regular Windows programmers may never have used (or even heard
about) it. So I unfortunately can't recommend a newsgroup that might
be better suited for your questions, the only one I found that per-
haps can be a starting point is comp.lang.labview, maybe people there
can help you find a better place to ask - at least there were some
questions concerining "CVI". And then there is a message board on the
National Instruments website

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board?board.id=180

for discussions of LabWindows/CVI, perhaps you should also have a
look there.
Regards, Jens

Dr. Erhard Moenige

Dear Jens Thoms Toerring,

thank you a lot for your efforts to help me. I'was very pleased about
the nice answer.
You are right, this is the wrong group for Labwindow/CVI, this is
because I'm now trying the group you've recommended. I'm also sure,
that there are more user, which can help me than in this group.

So best regards

Your Erhard

Andrew Poelstra

On Sun, 2006-11-05 at 03:15 -0800, Dr. Erhard Moenige wrote:
> Hi all C-Programmers everywhere !
>
> I 've been learning programming c in console-applications for 1 year
> and now I'm tired of seeing this boring console-application in my
> programms.

They just seemed to work too efficiently? Or was it the
ease-of-proper-use that got you to quit?

> Because of that I decited to programme c in Windows in the
> CVI Development by National Instruments. I've bought this nice
> development,but when I'd installed it I found out that is more complex
> than I had expected.

Yeah, that happens with windowing systems.

> That is why I asked you please to help me and give me a short
> introduction in c programming in windows and in the cvi development.

Well you need to go to:
1. A different newsgroup (probably one with win32 in the name).
2. A good textbook on this subject.
3. C++ (I've found more textbooks with this language.)

> PS: Please excuse my worse English !

No problem. Sounds like a language barrier.

--
Andrew Poelstra <http://www.wpsoftware.net>
For email, use 'apoelstra' at the above site.