Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Printing bitmap on HP Printer

Printing bitmap on HP Printer

Yann KERNIN

Hi,

I'm looking for a sample code or a C library to print a bitmap image on
color HP deskjet printer.

Thanks for your help

Y.K.

Christopher Benson-Manica

Yann KERNIN <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm looking for a sample code or a C library to print a bitmap image on
> color HP deskjet printer.

(You will want to ask this question on a newsgroup related to your
system. Google may also be helpful if you have not already tried
it.)

Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c. Please visit

http://c-faq.com

Tom St Denis

Yann KERNIN wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a sample code or a C library to print a bitmap image on
> color HP deskjet printer.

In windows printers typically act like GDI devices. So figure out how
to open one and then draw your bitmap like you would on the screen.

in linux you can just use a bmp2ps [or some other chain of conversions]
followed by a "lpr" command.

totally off topic and has nothing to do with C though...

tom

Keith Thompson

"Tom St Denis" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Yann KERNIN wrote:
>> I'm looking for a sample code or a C library to print a bitmap image on
>> color HP deskjet printer.

> In windows printers typically act like

[snip]

> in linux you can just use

[snip]

> totally off topic and has nothing to do with C though...

Since it's totally off topic, please don't try to give advice that
nobody here is likely to be able to evaluate. (The reasons for this
have been discussed at great length.)