Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Getting "HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden" at http://localhost/quickstart/ASPPlus/

Getting "HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden" at http://localhost/quickstart/ASPPlus/

Scott

I don't know where else to post this and I've been looking at group
names for 20 minutes now.

Anyway, I've gotten myself this "Developing Web Applications with
Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual C# .NET" book and on
page 46 it tells you to install the QuickStart tutorial for asp.net,
which I did. But now, when I try to click on the "ASP.Net
QuickStarts" link, I get "You are not authorized to view this page"
and the URL is as shown in the subject of this posting.

I don't get how I could not have proper permissions when I log into my
XP Pro box as I definately am part of the Administrators group.

Any help appreciated.
-ScottF

ScottF

Ok, problem was that the QuickStart/ASPPlus 'web site' wasn't
configured to have default.aspx as its default doc, so I set that and
its working. I also reset the permissions, but I'm betting that that
was not the problem.

-Scott