Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > RAW SOCKET

RAW SOCKET

sethukr@gmail.com

hi,
anybody please tell me some useful sites/books for RAW SOCKET
PROGRAMMING in C.

Christopher Benson-Manica

> anybody please tell me some useful sites/books for RAW SOCKET
> PROGRAMMING in C.

(Try Amazon for starters.)

Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c. Please visit

http://c-faq.com

raxitsheth2000@yahoo.co.in

Richard Steven Volume 1: Network programming
(I think older version is having only one volume, i am not sure...)

--raxit sheth
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> hi,
> anybody please tell me some useful sites/books for RAW SOCKET
> PROGRAMMING in C.

raxitsheth2000@yahoo.co.in

and also familiarity with ICMP would be a good while raw socket.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/internet/tcp-ip/raw-ip-faq/

--raxit

Kenny McCormack

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>hi,
> anybody please tell me some useful sites/books for RAW SOCKET
>PROGRAMMING in C.

Off topic. Not portable. Cant discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.

Useful clc-related links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspergers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clique
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_programming_language

Tom St Denis

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> hi,
> anybody please tell me some useful sites/books for RAW SOCKET
> PROGRAMMING in C.

What does that even mean? RAW Sockets are typically just layer 3
devices which allow you to write the IP datagram as you see fit.

You can simply use libpcap for that and get layer 2 access to your
medium

And this is OT...

Tom

ipnwsec