Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > find string functions source code

find string functions source code

xdevel

Hi, if I want to read the string functions source code (i.e. strcpy,
strtok etc.) where
can I find them?

mark_bluemel@pobox.com

xdevel wrote:

> Hi, if I want to read the string functions source code (i.e. strcpy,
> strtok etc.) where
> can I find them?

There isn't a single set - implementers can implement them as they
like.

Some implementations are proprietary and you won't be able to examine
them.
Others are fall into various categories of "open source", "public
domain" etc...

You can find some pointers in this thread:-
<http://groups.google.co.uk/group/comp.lang.c/browse_frm/thread/547c1ec43067a4a3/b2358df269361d89#b2358df269361d89>

You could also use Google's code search facilities, like this:-
<http://www.google.com/codesearch?q=file%3Astrtok.c&btnG=Search+Code>

xdevel

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) ha scritto:

> xdevel wrote:
>
> > Hi, if I want to read the string functions source code (i.e. strcpy,
> > strtok etc.) where
> > can I find them?

oh sorry I wanted glibc linux implementation

> You can find some pointers in this thread:-

> You could also use Google's code search facilities, like this:-
> <http://www.google.com/codesearch?q=file%3Astrtok.c&btnG=Search+Code>

good thanks

santosh

xdevel wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) ha scritto:
> > xdevel wrote:
> >
> > > Hi, if I want to read the string functions source code (i.e. strcpy,
> > > strtok etc.) where
> > > can I find them?

> oh sorry I wanted glibc linux implementation

Why don't you Google for it? Anyway, here's the link:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/>

Take note though that GNU libc sources are not the easiest to
comprehend. You could also have a look at others like OpenBSD libc,
FreeBSD libc, dietlibc etc. Again use Google to locate them.

Clever Monkey

xdevel wrote:
> Hi, if I want to read the string functions source code (i.e. strcpy,
> strtok etc.) where
> can I find them?

Google source search. Linux distro. BSD distro.