Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > is there any good c interpreter?

is there any good c interpreter?

yuesefa

i am looking for an open source c interpreter. Thanks ,

Cong Wang

yuesefa wrote:
> i am looking for an open source c interpreter. Thanks ,

As far as I know, writing a small C interpreter with Bash is NOT a hard
work. ;-p

clayne

yuesefa wrote:
> i am looking for an open source c interpreter. Thanks ,

gcc

backasswards

clayne wrote:
> yuesefa wrote:
> > i am looking for an open source c interpreter. Thanks ,

> gcc

I was going to say that

Richard Heathfield

yuesefa said:

> i am looking for an open source c interpreter. Thanks ,

http://root.cern.ch/root/Cint.html

I was going to tell you about EiC but I couldn't find it anywhere!

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

Espen Myrland

> yuesefa wrote:
> > i am looking for an open source c interpreter. Thanks ,

TCC (for Tiny C Compiler) is a small, fast, unlimited and safe ANSI C
compiler. It generates optimized x86 code, and can compile, assemble,
and link several times faster than 'gcc -O0'. Any C dynamic library
can be used directly. It includes an optional memory and bounds
checker, and bounds-checked code can be mixed freely with standard
code. C script is also supported via the usual hash-bang mechanism.
.

--
/myr
#!/usr/bin/tcc

steve

writing a code for it is not too hard
http://atrieecs.seo.iitm.ac.in/

yuesefa wrote:
> i am looking for an open source c interpreter. Thanks ,

jmcgill

Espen Myrland wrote:
>> yuesefa wrote:
>>> i am looking for an open source c interpreter. Thanks ,

> TCC (for Tiny C Compiler) is a small, fast, unlimited and safe ANSI C
> compiler.

But it's not an interpreter?

Espen Myrland

jmcgill <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Espen Myrland wrote:

> > TCC (for Tiny C Compiler) is a small, fast, unlimited and safe ANSI C
> > compiler.

> But it's not an interpreter?

Frogot to provide a link to the project pages:
http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/tcc/

You can invoce it as an interpreter in a posix compatible system with a
shebang line like ie feks:

#!/usr/bin/tcc

Really funny little devil.

--
/myr

Christopher Layne

Espen Myrland wrote:
> Frogot to provide a link to the project pages:
> http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/tcc/

Okay, so why is tcc reinventing the wheel here rather than just helping the
gcc project in the first place - possibly with a small-gcc branch, etc.? I
see the need for ultra small compilation packages - but not for another
opensource compiler, currently.