Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Can I get certfied by using books only?

Can I get certfied by using books only?

=?Utf-8?B?UmF5bW9uZA==?=

Hi,

I have a simple questions, I'm looking into getting a MCSD certification, but I don't want to pay tons and tons of money for all the courses. Can I purchase the MS (or other) course books and then just take the exam?

Or is Microsoft REQUIRING you to attend 2 classes in order to take the exam(for each section of this certification). .. I just can't afford to spend $2000 CAD for each course..I would rather just learn from the books, then take the exam for $150 CAD or so.

Thanks!!

Not all MS books will make you pass. You need a the
little read book series, known as the Exam cram series.
So if you taking exam 70-305, just buy [exam cram 70-305]
also you might need books from que publications.

I passed using these books and some transcender cds.

Good luck

Eric

Raymond wrote:

> I have a simple questions, I'm looking into getting a MCSD
> certification, but I don't want to pay tons and tons of money for all
> the courses. Can I purchase the MS (or other) course books and then
> just take the exam?

The courses are not required, and most of us didn't take them.

I recommend the Kalani Training Guides for C#, or the Gunderloy
Training Guides for VB.NET.

Eric

=?Utf-8?B?R2xlbm4gU2hhcGlybw==?=

Hi Eric,

I am planning to take the MCSD exams.
I have Visual Studio.NET enterprise edition.

In your opinion, do I need to purchase another PC (server) in order to pass the MCSD exams?

"Eric" wrote:

> Raymond wrote:
>
> > I have a simple questions, I'm looking into getting a MCSD
> > certification, but I don't want to pay tons and tons of money for all
> > the courses. Can I purchase the MS (or other) course books and then
> > just take the exam?

> The courses are not required, and most of us didn't take them.
>
> I recommend the Kalani Training Guides for C#, or the Gunderloy
> Training Guides for VB.NET.
>
> Eric

Eric

Glenn Shapiro wrote:

> In your opinion, do I need to purchase another PC (server) in order
> to pass the MCSD exams?

No, this is quite different from the MCSE track.

But even with MCSE, I would use VMware instead of separate physical
computers. This is because I don't like to spend a lot of money, not
because it's the best option.

Most of us use one computer that has WinXP, IIS 5, SQL 2000, and VS
2003. That's all you need.

Eric

Eric

I want to clarify - when I say WinXP I am referring to XP Pro. This is
what gives you the option of installing IIS 5.

Eric

Books, Books, Books... C++ 3 09-19-2004 10:11 PM
Finished Courses, Selecting Books for Exam Preparation (List of Books) Mac MCSD 2 12-17-2003 01:48 PM
Does it look bad if I get A+ 2001 certfied in October (prior to A+ 2003) efishta A+ Certification 3 10-07-2003 06:25 PM
MCSD.NET Certfied List Mohammed Marhoon MCSD 0 09-23-2003 10:09 AM

Advertisments