Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Another MCSD 70-310 Creating and Consuming .NET Remoting Objects Exam Question

Another MCSD 70-310 Creating and Consuming .NET Remoting Objects Exam Question

Greg

Now here is another question...

You are creating a .NET Remoting application. You use the following code to create and register an HttpServerChannel object to listen at port 8080.

Dim channel as New HttpServerChannel(8080)

ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(SrvrChannel)

However, when you run the application, an exception is thrown. Which of the following reasons explains the exception? (Choose the one correct option.)

A. No ports are available for registering a channel.

B. Another channel with the same name exists in the application domain.

C. You have another HttpServerChannel in the application domain.

D. You have specified a valid name for the HttpServerChannel.

It said that D was wrong, but I couldn't find any information in MSDN on what could be the correct answer.

> Greg s

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Sam Santiago

I would say the answer is B. In the example given an HTTP channel is being created with no name specified, so the default name is "http". If another HTTP channel had been created first without specifying a name then you would already have a channel named "http" in the AppDomain.

Check out this entry from the .NET 1.1 SDK documentation:

ms-help://MS.NETFrameworkSDKv1.1/cpref/html/frlrfSystemRuntimeRemotingChannelsChannelServicesC lassRegisterChannelTopic.htm

"You cannot register two channels with the same name in an AppDomain. By default, the name of an HttpChannel is "http", and the name of a TcpChannel is "tcp". Therefore, if you want to register two channels of the same type, you must specify a different name for one of them through configuration properties."

--
_______________________________
Sam Santiago
"Greg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:OQq%(E-Mail Removed)...
Now here is another question...

You are creating a .NET Remoting application. You use the following code to create and register an HttpServerChannel object to listen at port 8080.

Dim channel as New HttpServerChannel(8080)

ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(SrvrChannel)

However, when you run the application, an exception is thrown. Which of the following reasons explains the exception? (Choose the one correct option.)

A. No ports are available for registering a channel.

B. Another channel with the same name exists in the application domain.

C. You have another HttpServerChannel in the application domain.

D. You have specified a valid name for the HttpServerChannel.

It said that D was wrong, but I couldn't find any information in MSDN on what could be the correct answer.

> Greg s

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Greg

Bad Gateway
"Sam Santiago" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I would say the answer is B. In the example given an HTTP channel is being created with no name specified, so the default name is "http". If another HTTP channel had been created first without specifying a name then you would already have a channel named "http" in the AppDomain.

Check out this entry from the .NET 1.1 SDK documentation:

ms-help://MS.NETFrameworkSDKv1.1/cpref/html/frlrfSystemRuntimeRemotingChannelsChannelServicesC lassRegisterChannelTopic.htm

"You cannot register two channels with the same name in an AppDomain. By default, the name of an HttpChannel is "http", and the name of a TcpChannel is "tcp". Therefore, if you want to register two channels of the same type, you must specify a different name for one of them through configuration properties."

--
_______________________________
Sam Santiago
(E-Mail Removed)
"Greg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:OQq%(E-Mail Removed)...
Now here is another question...

You are creating a .NET Remoting application. You use the following code to create and register an HttpServerChannel object to listen at port 8080.

Dim channel as New HttpServerChannel(8080)

ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(SrvrChannel)

However, when you run the application, an exception is thrown. Which of the following reasons explains the exception? (Choose the one correct option.)

A. No ports are available for registering a channel.

B. Another channel with the same name exists in the application domain.

C. You have another HttpServerChannel in the application domain.

D. You have specified a valid name for the HttpServerChannel.

It said that D was wrong, but I couldn't find any information in MSDN on what could be the correct answer.

> Greg s

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

UAError

"Greg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Bad Gateway
> "Sam Santiago" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I would say the answer is B. In the example given an HTTP channel is being created with no name specified, so the default name is "http". If another HTTP channel had been created first without specifying a name then you would already have a channel named "http" in the AppDomain.
>
> Check out this entry from the .NET 1.1 SDK documentation:
>
> ms-help://MS.NETFrameworkSDKv1.1/cpref/html/frlrfSystemRuntimeRemotingChannelsChannelServicesC lassRegisterChannelTopic.htm
>
> "You cannot register two channels with the same name in an AppDomain. By default, the name of an HttpChannel is "http", and the name of a TcpChannel is "tcp". Therefore, if you want to register two channels of the same type, you must specify a different name for one of them through configuration properties."

Bad Gateway?

You're preparing for the 70-310 and you can't even recognize
a Microsoft Help URN?

I'm surprised you even bother checking the MSDN ...

Maybe somebody else smart enough to use google will benefit
from this in the future.

..NET Framework Class Library
ChannelServices.RegisterChannel Method
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...annelTopic.asp

Greg

Thank you, slave.

"UAError" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Greg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Bad Gateway
> > "Sam Santiago" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I would say the answer is B. In the example given an HTTP channel is

being created with no name specified, so the default name is "http". If
another HTTP channel had been created first without specifying a name then
you would already have a channel named "http" in the AppDomain.

> > Check out this entry from the .NET 1.1 SDK documentation:

ms-help://MS.NETFrameworkSDKv1.1/cpref/html/frlrfSystemRuntimeRemotingChanne
lsChannelServicesClassRegisterChannelTopic.htm

> > "You cannot register two channels with the same name in an AppDomain.

By default, the name of an HttpChannel is "http", and the name of a
TcpChannel is "tcp". Therefore, if you want to register two channels of the
same type, you must specify a different name for one of them through
configuration properties."

> Bad Gateway?
>
> You're preparing for the 70-310 and you can't even recognize
> a Microsoft Help URN?
>
> I'm surprised you even bother checking the MSDN ...
>
> Maybe somebody else smart enough to use google will benefit
> from this in the future.
>
> .NET Framework Class Library
> ChannelServices.RegisterChannel Method

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ChannelTopic.a
sp

This person is posting questions from the actual exam, no
doubt obtained from some illegal brain dump site or as a
result of failing the exam and taking note of some of the
questions. In any case, please do not "feed" these types
of people with any help, as you are inadvertently ruining
the MCSD program for the rest of us.

No doubt Microsoft will be monitoring this topic with
interest.

Thank you.

This question is from the Self-Paced Training Kit practice exam that I got
from the Microsoft Official Study Guide "Developing XML Web Services and
Server Components with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual C#
..NET".

Many of of these questions are so poorly worded and/or ambigous.

When I mail my questions to (E-Mail Removed), I never get a reply. So I
post my questions here as this is the only place I can get some kind of
support that Microsoft Press won't provide.

How else am I to get clarification on Microsoft Presss products?

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2e8a901c46d59$e4bf5d80$(E-Mail Removed)...
> This person is posting questions from the actual exam, no
> doubt obtained from some illegal brain dump site or as a
> result of failing the exam and taking note of some of the
> questions. In any case, please do not "feed" these types
> of people with any help, as you are inadvertently ruining
> the MCSD program for the rest of us.
>
> No doubt Microsoft will be monitoring this topic with
> interest.
>
> Thank you.

As many people have said before....

>When I mail my questions to (E-Mail Removed), I never get a reply. So I
>post my questions here as this is the only place I can get some kind of
>support that Microsoft Press won't provide.

ms are more than likely too embarrassed about the [luck off] content
they hacked together, hence why the y ignore you.

>How else am I to get clarification on Microsoft Presss products?

THE BOOKS ARE ****, clear enough!!!!

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

>No doubt Microsoft will be monitoring this topic with
>interest.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Even if the question(s) were from dumps, can you really see ms taking
an interest!!!!

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

What does ROTFLMAO mean?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...