Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > C library to send email

C library to send email

brecht@sanders.org

Check out libquickmail at http://sourceforge.net/projects/libquickmail/
This C library allows sending e-mails with attachments.
It is designed to be easy to use and has been tested on Windows and Linux.

hormelfree@gmail.com

On Saturday, September 16, 2006 10:42:35 AM UTC-7, Richard Heathfield wrote:
> SMTP? Two monkeys, ten minutes.

How many monkeys and minutes to write a newsreader?

And if it's less than a million each why can't Google(TM) do it?

---
William Ernest Reid

viju.kantah@gmail.com

      4 Weeks Ago
Superb replies guys. I think it's best to use sendmail and run system() function by writing to a temporary file and using this system command

cat tempfile | sendmail -v -t

tempfile:
From: fromemail
To: toemail
Subject: subj
CC: ...
BCC: ...

My message
..

Kaz Kylheku

      4 Weeks Ago
On 2014-03-23, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Superb replies guys. I think it's best to use sendmail and run system() function by writing to a temporary file and using this system command
>
> cat tempfile | sendmail -v -t

UUOC!

< tempfile sendmail -v -t

Kenny McCormack

      4 Weeks Ago
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Kaz Kylheku <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On 2014-03-23, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Superb replies guys. I think it's best to use sendmail and run system()

>function by writing to a temporary file and using this system command
>>
>> cat tempfile | sendmail -v -t

>UUOC!
>
>< tempfile sendmail -v -t

For that matter, UUoTf...

"man popen"

--

Some of the more common characteristics of Asperger syndrome include:

* Inability to think in abstract ways (eg: puns, jokes, sarcasm, etc)
* Difficulties in empathising with others
* Problems with understanding another person's point of view
* Hampered conversational ability
* Problems with controlling feelings such as anger, depression
and anxiety
* Adherence to routines and schedules, and stress if expected routine
is disrupted
* Inability to manage appropriate social conduct
* Delayed understanding of sexual codes of conduct
* A narrow field of interests. For example a person with Asperger
syndrome may focus on learning all there is to know about
baseball statistics, politics or television shows.
* Anger and aggression when things do not happen as they want
* Sensitivity to criticism
* Eccentricity
* Behaviour varies from mildly unusual to quite aggressive
and difficult

Keith Thompson

      4 Weeks Ago
(E-Mail Removed) writes:
> Superb replies guys. I think it's best to use sendmail and run
> system() function by writing to a temporary file and using this system
> command
>
> cat tempfile | sendmail -v -t
>
> tempfile:
> From: fromemail
> To: toemail
> Subject: subj
> CC: ...
> BCC: ...
>
> My message
> .

Though it's not direectly relevant to C, I'll point out that
that's a "Useless Use Of cat". Any use of

cat filename | command

is better written as

command < filename

There's no need to invoke an extra "cat" command just to feed a
command's standard input.

Kaz Kylheku

      4 Weeks Ago
On 2014-03-23, Kenny McCormack <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Kaz Kylheku <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>On 2014-03-23, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Superb replies guys. I think it's best to use sendmail and run system()

>>function by writing to a temporary file and using this system command
>>>
>>> cat tempfile | sendmail -v -t

>>UUOC!
>>
>>< tempfile sendmail -v -t

> For that matter, UUoTf...
>
> "man popen"

Indeed. What are the odds that a "sendmail -v -t" command is available, and yet
you don't have a popen function.

Kenny McCormack

      4 Weeks Ago
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Kaz Kylheku <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On 2014-03-23, Kenny McCormack <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> Kaz Kylheku <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>function by writing to a temporary file and using this system command

>>>UUOC!
>>>
>>>< tempfile sendmail -v -t

>> For that matter, UUoTf...
>>
>> "man popen"

>Indeed. What are the odds that a "sendmail -v -t" command is available, and yet
>you don't have a popen function.

Quite so.

--
Those on the right constantly remind us that America is not a
democracy; now they claim that Obama is a threat to democracy.