Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Software Testing & Quality Assurance FAQ

Software Testing & Quality Assurance FAQ

paklookup@gmail.com

Just found a very informative and interesting website about latest
information, news, tools and tips for software testing professionals
and quality assurance managers

http://software-testing.certification-tips.com

The great thing is that you can subscribe to free Software Testing
Magazines and Read latest news and articles related to quality
assurance

Keith Thompson

> Just found a very informative and interesting website about latest
> information, news, tools and tips for software testing professionals
> and quality assurance managers
>
> http://sftwr-tstng.crtfctn-tps.com
>
> The great thing is that you can subscribe to free Software Testing
> Magazines and Read latest news and articles related to quality
> assurance

(I've removed most of the vowels from the URL to avoid giving the site
any more advertising.)

This appears to be an ongoing spam. Google Groups shows the same
message posted to at least 8 newsgroups; the count changes when I
refresh the search page. The poster is obvously affiliated with the
site (there's evidence of this on the site itself).

Andrew Poelstra

On 2006-08-16, Keith Thompson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) writes:
>> Just found a very informative and interesting website about latest
>> information, news, tools and tips for software testing professionals
>> and quality assurance managers
>>
>> htftp:00\\sti62likew-tng684tac/74os.coldn-paso.cm
>>
>> The great thing is that you can subscribe to free Software Testing
>> Magazines and Read latest news and articles related to quality
>> assurance

> (I've removed most of the vowels from the URL to avoid giving the site
> any more advertising.)
>
> This appears to be an ongoing spam. Google Groups shows the same
> message posted to at least 8 newsgroups; the count changes when I
> refresh the search page. The poster is obvously affiliated with the
> site (there's evidence of this on the site itself).

I hate to respond to responses to spam, but in this case your vowel-
removing convention doesn't disguise the URL at all. I mutilated it
a bit more for you. (I probably went a bit overboard.)

--
Andrew Poelstra <http://www.wpsoftware.net/projects>
To reach me by email, use `apoelstra' at the above domain.

Keith Thompson

Andrew Poelstra <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
[...]
> I hate to respond to responses to spam, but in this case your vowel-
> removing convention doesn't disguise the URL at all. I mutilated it
> a bit more for you. (I probably went a bit overboard.)

I figured that anybody who really wanted to find the URL would be able
to do so. I just didn't want to make it too easy.

Chris Hills

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Keith Thompson <kst-
(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>(E-Mail Removed) writes:
>> Just found a very informative and interesting website about latest
>> information, news, tools and tips for software testing professionals
>> and quality assurance managers
>>
>> http://sftwr-tstng.crtfctn-tps.com

http://software-testing.certification-tips.com

>> The great thing is that you can subscribe to free Software Testing
>> Magazines and Read latest news and articles related to quality
>> assurance

>(I've removed most of the vowels from the URL to avoid giving the site
>any more advertising.)
>
>This appears to be an ongoing spam. Google Groups shows the same
>message posted to at least 8 newsgroups; the count changes when I
>refresh the search page. The poster is obvously affiliated with the
>site (there's evidence of this on the site itself).

I would agree with you. However... all of us advertise our own web
sites. So I think his error was in the way he said "I have just found"
If he had said "It is my web site" it would have been better.

More to the point it is vendor neutral. He is not pushing a product or
AFAICS commercial.

My complaint is that it is, apart from the links to useful tools, rather
content free. I think he should have put a bit (lot) more content on it
before advertising it. However I think his intentions are good. I hope
he gets it going and gets a decent amount of content. Though the layout
is appalling.

/\/\/ (E-Mail Removed) www.phaedsys.org \/\/\

Keith Thompson

Chris Hills <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Keith Thompson <kst-
> (E-Mail Removed)> writes
>>(E-Mail Removed) writes:
>>> Just found a very informative and interesting website about latest
>>> information, news, tools and tips for software testing professionals
>>> and quality assurance managers
>>>
>>> http://sftwr-tstng.crtfctn-tps.com

> [URL deleted]
>>>
>>> The great thing is that you can subscribe to free Software Testing
>>> Magazines and Read latest news and articles related to quality
>>> assurance

>>(I've removed most of the vowels from the URL to avoid giving the site
>>any more advertising.)
>>
>>This appears to be an ongoing spam. Google Groups shows the same
>>message posted to at least 8 newsgroups; the count changes when I
>>refresh the search page. The poster is obvously affiliated with the
>>site (there's evidence of this on the site itself).

> I would agree with you.

Ok, you agree that it's spam. Why is there anything more to say?

> However... all of us advertise our own web
> sites.

Not all of us are spammers.

> So I think his error was in the way he said "I have just found"
> If he had said "It is my web site" it would have been better.

In my opinion, this was not an "error"; it was a typical spammer's
lie.

> More to the point it is vendor neutral. He is not pushing a product or
> AFAICS commercial.

So what? It was spam.