Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Re: STOP what you’re doing - It doesn’t work! 934U

Re: STOP what you’re doing - It doesn’t work! 934U

Al Balmer

The subject of this post is excellent advice to the poster.

--
Al Balmer
Sun City, AZ

Ian Collins

Al Balmer wrote:
> The subject of this post is excellent advice to the poster.

Again, please don't reply to spam that news server can filter out.

--
Ian Collins.

Al Balmer

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 11:26:23 +1200, Ian Collins <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Al Balmer wrote:
>> The subject of this post is excellent advice to the poster.
>>

>Again, please don't reply to spam that news server can filter out.

I wasn't replying to the spam, nor did I even leave the information
needed for someone else to reply. I was making a smart-ass remark to
the group, just as you are.

(Incidentally, the news server did *not* filter it out, did it?)

--
Al Balmer
Sun City, AZ

Ian Collins

Al Balmer wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 11:26:23 +1200, Ian Collins <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>Al Balmer wrote:
>>
>>>The subject of this post is excellent advice to the poster.
>>>

>>Again, please don't reply to spam that news server can filter out.

> I wasn't replying to the spam, nor did I even leave the information
> needed for someone else to reply. I was making a smart-ass remark to
> the group, just as you are.
>
> (Incidentally, the news server did *not* filter it out, did it?)

Mine did.

--
Ian Collins.

Joe Wright

Ian Collins wrote:
> Al Balmer wrote:
>> On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 11:26:23 +1200, Ian Collins <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:

>>> Again, please don't reply to spam that news server can filter out.

>> I wasn't replying to the spam, nor did I even leave the information
>> needed for someone else to reply. I was making a smart-ass remark to
>> the group, just as you are.
>>
>> (Incidentally, the news server did *not* filter it out, did it?)
>>

> Mine did.

Mine too. Al's response was the first I knew about it.

--
Joe Wright
--- Albert Einstein ---

Al Balmer

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 17:42:33 +1200, Ian Collins <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Al Balmer wrote:
>> On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 11:26:23 +1200, Ian Collins <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:

>>>Again, please don't reply to spam that news server can filter out.

>> I wasn't replying to the spam, nor did I even leave the information
>> needed for someone else to reply. I was making a smart-ass remark to
>> the group, just as you are.
>>
>> (Incidentally, the news server did *not* filter it out, did it?)
>>

>Mine did.

Then how did you know it was spam? Strictly a guess from the subject
line? The same reason everybody else has already killed this thread ?
<g>.

--
Al Balmer
Sun City, AZ

Al Balmer

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 12:45:10 -0400, Joe Wright
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> (Incidentally, the news server did *not* filter it out, did it?)
>>>

>> Mine did.
>>

>Mine too. Al's response was the first I knew about it.

As long as we're off-topic anyway, I wonder how they do that. Do they
delete everything coming from ntli.net? There wasn't anything in the
body that would justify a news server deleting it. An individual
Bayesian filter, certainly, but that's too broad for a news server. My
guess is that ntli is on a blacklist.

--
Al Balmer
Sun City, AZ

Ian Collins

Al Balmer wrote:

>>>Mine did.
>>>

>>Mine too. Al's response was the first I knew about it.

> As long as we're off-topic anyway, I wonder how they do that. Do they
> delete everything coming from ntli.net? There wasn't anything in the
> body that would justify a news server deleting it. An individual
> Bayesian filter, certainly, but that's too broad for a news server. My
> guess is that ntli is on a blacklist.

news.individual.net and a couple of other serves I have used have a
limit to the number of cross-posted groups, anything over that is
considered as spam. My guess is this one fell into that trap.

--
Ian Collins.

spibou@gmail.com

Al Balmer wrote:

> The subject of this post is excellent advice to the poster.

He said "stop what you're doing."
"Get down upon your knees."
"I've got a message for you that you better believe."

Chorus: Believe, believe...

Richard Heathfield

> Al Balmer wrote:
>
>> The subject of this post is excellent advice to the poster.

> He said "stop what you're doing."
> "Get down upon your knees."
> "I've got a message for you that you better believe."
>
> Chorus: Believe, believe...

Stop what you're doing, get down on your knees
I've got a message for you that you better believe
You've messed up your life, you're doing it wrong
You've been voiding main for far too long

Believe, believe, it's time to do it right
Believe, believe, come on and see the light.
Your code really blows, and it really shows,
I can see the little demons coming out of your nose

You've been flushing stdin and calling gets
Casting malloc with no regrets
You make everything global and you don't care
Cos you can always find an object and you always know where

Believe, believe, it's time to do it right
Believe, believe, come on and see the light.
Your code really blows, and it really shows,
I can see the little demons coming out of your nose

But there's more to life than Windows, and there'll come a day
When you have to port your code to a SuperCray
Or a Mini Mac or Mainframe or a DSP
And you'll be facing judgement for your lousy C
Believe, believe...

(guitar break)

Believe, believe, it's time to do it right
Believe, believe, come on and see the light.
Your code really blows, and it really shows,
I can see the little demons coming out of your nose

It's not just your reputation, it's your job on the line
So don't you think you should start reading Iso 9899?
Believe, believe, it's time to do it right
Believe, believe, come on and see the light...
(repeat to fade)

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999