Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > RTTI in C

RTTI in C

Neo

what is RTTI? and how to implements it? give me sourceful link for
learn and implements it (using standard C mean portable).

regards,
-aims

Richard Heathfield

Neo said:

> what is RTTI?

Since it's upper case, my money would be on a macro name.

> and how to implements it?

#define RTTI 42

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

Christopher Benson-Manica

http://www.google.com/search?q=rtti

> and how to implements it? give me sourceful link for
> learn and implements it (using standard C mean portable).

STFW.

phus

funny.
Richard Heathfield wrote:
> Neo said:
>
> > what is RTTI?

> Since it's upper case, my money would be on a macro name.
>
> > and how to implements it?

> #define RTTI 42
>
> --
> Richard Heathfield
> "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999
> http://www.cpax.org.uk
> email: rjh at above domain (but drop the www, obviously)

John Bode

Neo wrote:
> what is RTTI? and how to implements it? give me sourceful link for
> learn and implements it (using standard C mean portable).
>
> regards,
> -aims

If you don't know what it is, why do you want to know how to implement
it? What were you planning on using it for?

Eric Sosman

Neo wrote On 07/26/06 10:45,:
> what is RTTI? and how to implements it? give me sourceful link for
> learn and implements it (using standard C mean portable).

Round Trip Time Inconsistency. This is a reference to
the so-called "twin paradox" of Special Relativity, in which
one twin takes a high-speed journey while leaving the other
behind, and upon return discovers that their ages are no
longer the same.

RTTI cannot be implemented in strictly conforming C
because of the requirement that the travelling twin must
move at high speed. The C Standard says nothing about
speed, which is purely an artifact of the implementation
and not a property of the language. Therefore, any attempt
to demonstrate RTTI necessarily involves the implementation-
dependent concept of "speed" and is thus non-portable.

Richard Heathfield

Eric Sosman said:

> Neo wrote On 07/26/06 10:45,:
>> what is RTTI? and how to implements it? give me sourceful link for
>> learn and implements it (using standard C mean portable).

> Round Trip Time Inconsistency. This is a reference to
> the so-called "twin paradox" of Special Relativity, in which
> one twin takes a high-speed journey while leaving the other
> behind, and upon return discovers that their ages are no
> longer the same.
>
> RTTI cannot be implemented in strictly conforming C
> because of the requirement that the travelling twin must
> move at high speed.

But it could be modelled to a satisfactory degree of accuracy.

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999
http://www.cpax.org.uk

Toni Uusitalo

Eric Sosman wrote:

> Neo wrote On 07/26/06 10:45,:
>
>>what is RTTI? and how to implements it? give me sourceful link for
>>learn and implements it (using standard C mean portable).

> Round Trip Time Inconsistency. This is a reference to
> the so-called "twin paradox" of Special Relativity, in which
> one twin takes a high-speed journey while leaving the other
> behind, and upon return discovers that their ages are no
> longer the same.

There's a time inconsistency between wanting to implement something
before knowing what that something is!

Did I get it?

with respect,
Toni Uusitalo

Bright He

Run-time type identification

"Neo" <(E-Mail Removed)>
??????:(E-Mail Removed) groups.com...
> what is RTTI? and how to implements it? give me sourceful link for
> learn and implements it (using standard C mean portable).
>
> regards,
> -aims

jaysome

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 14:53:52 +0000, Richard Heathfield
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Neo said:
>
>> what is RTTI?

>Since it's upper case, my money would be on a macro name.
>
>> and how to implements it?

>#define RTTI 42

I get a similar result, and I'm prepared for changes.

#define RUN 1
#define TIME 5
#define TYPE 12
#define INFORMATION 24
#define R RUN
#define T1 TIME
#define T2 TYPE
#define I INFORMATION
#define RTTI (R + T1 + T2 + I)

Regards
--
jay

[RTTI] cast base class pointer to <templated> derived class pointer tirath C++ 3 10-12-2003 01:44 PM
RTTI versus a base class enum to represent type BillyO C++ 2 09-30-2003 10:21 PM
About RTTI Steven Lien C++ 4 08-19-2003 06:03 PM
Re: RTTI John Harrison C++ 2 07-14-2003 02:36 PM
Re: RTTI Alf P. Steinbach C++ 0 07-14-2003 08:18 AM

Advertisments