Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > CPU or MB Serial number

CPU or MB Serial number

bayazee@gmail.com

Hi,
How can I get CPU Serial number , or motherboard serial number with
C . I need an idetification of a computer ....
ThanX

iranian python community --> www.python.ir

Morris Dovey

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (in
(E-Mail Removed). com) said:

| Hi,
| How can I get CPU Serial number , or motherboard serial number with
| C . I need an idetification of a computer ....

If you open up the computer's enclosure and find a serial number, and
if the computer has a file device, you can use the editor of your
choice to record the number in a file. You can then use fopen()
fgets() to retrieve that number.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Richard Heathfield

(E-Mail Removed) said:

> Hi,
> How can I get CPU Serial number , or motherboard serial number with
> C . I need an idetification of a computer ....

char CPUSerialNumber[256] = {0}; /* should be ample */
puts("Please enter the CPU Serial number");
if(fgets(CPUSerialNumber, sizeof CPUSerialNumber, stdin) != NULL)
{
puts("Thank you.");

Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999
http://www.cpax.org.uk

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>How can I get CPU Serial number , or motherboard serial number with
>C . I need an idetification of a computer ....

You can't do that in standard C.

Furthermore, you can't do that in non-standard C on the majority of
computers, because low-end computers do not *have* CPU or motherboard
serial numbers.
never make copies, only human beings make copies. Computers are given
commands, not permission. Only people can be given permission."
-- Brad Templeton

CPU or MB Serial number Bayazee Python 5 07-15-2006 08:43 AM
350d serial number - what serial number?!? GT Digital Photography 6 04-07-2005 07:58 PM
Test Serial to Serial Connection, Protocol Down... Scooter Cisco 5 12-16-2004 04:38 PM
CPU Serial Number Leonardo Custodio C Programming 5 11-02-2003 12:59 PM

Advertisments