Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > What functions in UNIX 6th implement search and sort algorithm

What functions in UNIX 6th implement search and sort algorithm

lovecreatesbeauty

As the most basic algorithms, search and sort my be the most essential
things in many software. Does your code have them (or one of them)?
What functions in UNIX 6th Edition implement search and sort
algorithms? How about their efficiency of those implementations?

lovecreatesbeauty

pemo

lovecreatesbeauty wrote:
> As the most basic algorithms, search and sort my be the most essential
> things in many software. Does your code have them (or one of them)?
> What functions in UNIX 6th Edition implement search and sort
> algorithms? How about their efficiency of those implementations?

Surely comp.programming or something like comp.unix.programmer is the place
to ask this?

--
==============
Not a pedant

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
lovecreatesbeauty <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>As the most basic algorithms, search and sort my be the most essential
>things in many software. Does your code have them (or one of them)?
>What functions in UNIX 6th Edition implement search and sort
>algorithms? How about their efficiency of those implementations?

Sounds like a course assignment to me.
--
Prototypes are supertypes of their clones. -- maplesoft

Al Balmer

On 13 Jul 2006 08:20:29 -0700, "lovecreatesbeauty"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>As the most basic algorithms, search and sort my be the most essential
>things in many software. Does your code have them (or one of them)?
>What functions in UNIX 6th Edition implement search and sort
>algorithms? How about their efficiency of those implementations?

I'm curious about the reasoning which led you to post this in
comp.lang.c.

It's not even close to topical.

--
Al Balmer