Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Share folders btn 2 units

Share folders btn 2 units

=?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4=?=

Mom just got a new computer XP Home. Wants to xfer pics, etc. off of old set
onto new. UDF format CDRW's using XP Home to format not working on old set.
She has Linksys wireless where she shared Internet access with one other
computer. But there was no sharing or accessing between computers that I knew
of. Thinking this would be the next best way of xfering her files onto the
new set, how do I map, or whatever, so that XP can "see" and access files of
the old computer?
Thanks!
Kevin

Lance

Kevin thought carefully and wrote on 9/15/2004 9:05 PM:

> Mom just got a new computer XP Home. Wants to xfer pics, etc. off of old set
> onto new. UDF format CDRW's using XP Home to format not working on old set.
> She has Linksys wireless where she shared Internet access with one other
> computer. But there was no sharing or accessing between computers that I knew
> of. Thinking this would be the next best way of xfering her files onto the
> new set, how do I map, or whatever, so that XP can "see" and access files of
> the old computer?
> Thanks!
> Kevin

Windows XP Professional File Sharing
By Ron Lowe and Steve Winograd
December 12, 2001
<http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_filesharing/index.htm>

Windows XP [Home] Simple File Sharing
<http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm>

Lance
*****

Lance

Kevin thought carefully and wrote on 9/15/2004 9:05 PM:

> Mom just got a new computer XP Home. Wants to xfer pics, etc. off of old set
> onto new. UDF format CDRW's using XP Home to format not working on old set.
> She has Linksys wireless where she shared Internet access with one other
> computer. But there was no sharing or accessing between computers that I knew
> of. Thinking this would be the next best way of xfering her files onto the
> new set, how do I map, or whatever, so that XP can "see" and access files of
> the old computer?
> Thanks!
> Kevin

This might help too: