Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > mcsd training advice needed.

mcsd training advice needed.

Will

Hello all. I am interested in obtaining my mcsd or mcad.
My company has allotted 3000 for training. Are there any
really good home learning or classroom learning materials
that anyone can recommend? Perhaps a CD/dvd tutorial type
thing? I was going to take a class thru a local IT
learning center but one class alone cost 3000.00. I have
about 9 months experience developing solutions and would
consider myself to be a beginner-intermediate level .net
programmer and an expert ASP developer. Any help or
advice would be appreciated. I will be looking for a job
in about 4 months as my assignment runs out and I am
looking for something to seperate myself from the pack.

Eric

Will wrote:

> Hello all. I am interested in obtaining my mcsd or mcad.
> My company has allotted 3000 for training.

I don't think $3000 will go very far with classes, and you're better
off using the money to buy good books and practice tests.

For C#, the Training Guides by Amit Kalani are good.

For VB.NET, the Training Guides by Mike Gunderloy are good.

Either way, you should get the practice tests from Transcender or
MeasureUp.

Also, you really need to find a local .NET user group. They have free
meetings and training events.

Eric