Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > to access the large page(2112 bytes) NAND Flash from the bootloader

to access the large page(2112 bytes) NAND Flash from the bootloader

venkatesh.k.desai5@gmail.com

Hi,
I m working on armboot bootloader. I m trying to access the large
page(2112 bytes) NAND Flash from the bootloader. I had succeeded in
writing
a small pattern to test erase, write and read the flash. I dont have
any
idea abt checking ECC for the same. If anyone have worked on the same
ie.,
the modification of the code to support large page nand flash, please
give
me some suggestions. FYI my present code supports NAND flash woth page
size
528 bytes.
I would be very grateful if any of you could suggest me as of where
exactly I m going wrong?

Tom St Denis

> Hi,
> I m working on armboot bootloader. I m trying to access the large
> page(2112 bytes) NAND Flash from the bootloader. I had succeeded in
> writing
> a small pattern to test erase, write and read the flash. I dont have
> any
> idea abt checking ECC for the same. If anyone have worked on the same
> ie.,
> the modification of the code to support large page nand flash, please
> give
> me some suggestions. FYI my present code supports NAND flash woth page
> size
> 528 bytes.
> I would be very grateful if any of you could suggest me as of where
> exactly I m going wrong?

1. wrong group
2. you should be able to find databooks for the flash memory [if not
you should buy from a better company]
3. You didn't post code for us to review [in the off chance someone
here knows]
4. It's wednesday.
5. You're really in the wrong group.

Tom

Roberto Waltman

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I m working on armboot bootloader. I m trying to access the large
>page(2112 bytes) NAND Flash from the bootloader. I had succeeded in
>writing
>a small pattern to test erase, write and read the flash. I dont have
>any
>idea abt checking ECC for the same. If anyone have worked on the same
>ie.,
>the modification of the code to support large page nand flash, please
>give
>me some suggestions. FYI my present code supports NAND flash woth page
>size
>528 bytes.
> I would be very grateful if any of you could suggest me as of where
>exactly I m going wrong?

One wrong thing is posting to this newsgroup. Please try in
comp.arch.embedded (Added to groups list.)
You also need to supply more information, otherwise nobody will be
able to help you.
You say "modification of the code to support..."
How can anybody guess what is the original code and what was modified?
The same goes for the hardware. Which type of flash memory chip, under
what platform, (CPU? development board? custom hardware?).
What development tools you are using, etc.

Morris Dovey

(E-Mail Removed) (in
(E-Mail Removed). com) said:

| Hi,
| I m working on armboot bootloader. I m trying to access the
| large page(2112 bytes) NAND Flash from the bootloader. I had
| succeeded in writing
| a small pattern to test erase, write and read the flash. I dont have
| any
| idea abt checking ECC for the same. If anyone have worked on the
| same ie.,
| the modification of the code to support large page nand flash,
| please give
| me some suggestions. FYI my present code supports NAND flash woth
| page size
| 528 bytes.
| I would be very grateful if any of you could suggest me as of
| where exactly I m going wrong?

[1] You haven't read the device spec sheet carefully enough.

[2] You haven't said what problem you're experiencing.

[3] You haven't posted any C code so that anyone could provide any
kind of help.

[4] You're (probably) posting to the wrong newsgroup. This ng
discusses C programming.

Other than for those minor details, you're doing fine.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

David Ashley

Roberto Waltman wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I m working on armboot bootloader. I m trying to access the large
>>page(2112 bytes) NAND Flash from the bootloader. I had succeeded in
>>writing
>>a small pattern to test erase, write and read the flash. I dont have
>>any
>>idea abt checking ECC for the same. If anyone have worked on the same
>>ie.,
>>the modification of the code to support large page nand flash, please
>>give
>>me some suggestions. FYI my present code supports NAND flash woth page
>>size
>>528 bytes.
>> I would be very grateful if any of you could suggest me as of where
>>exactly I m going wrong?

Look at the u-boot project, you can find source there that handles the ECC
on NAND flash.

Sorry about the late response. I've been busy...and I didn't even know about
this newsgroup until today.

-Dave

VHDL NAND flash model beckjer VHDL 1 09-29-2008 02:14 AM
know the information regard games nand events......visit the below manicos006@gmail.com Computer Support 0 03-11-2008 12:19 PM
know the information regard games nand events......visit the below manicos006@gmail.com Digital Photography 0 03-11-2008 12:19 PM
Where's the bootloader Use.Netuser.de Computer Support 4 10-03-2004 12:54 PM
python on macs: osx pytho nand macpython and tkinter Leo Python 4 10-14-2003 07:32 PM

Advertisments