Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Is MCSD certification expire after June 2004

Is MCSD certification expire after June 2004

Elamaran

Hi,
I am planning to do MCSD. But I heard that Microsoft
will pull out this certification after June. If that is
the case what to do next. I am interested in doing
certification on .NET (ASP.NET & VB.NET). Can u please
inform be what will happen in the future. What I have to
do next if the MCSD gets expired

Thanks & Regards

Elamaran

> Can u please
>inform be what will happen in the future.

I look into my crystal ball, I see..... gas prices coming down, higher
inflation, higher unemployment, San Diego Padres winning the world
series....

>What I have to
>do next if the MCSD gets expired

Tricky one, here's a clue: -

IT'S NOT ON THE IBM WEBSITE.....

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Cindy Winegarden

In news: 1c6f401c45241$15d50390$(E-Mail Removed),
Elamaran <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Hi Elamaran,

> I am planning to do MCSD. But I heard that Microsoft
> will pull out this certification after June.

The MCP exams for Visual Studio 6 will no longer be available after June 30.
That means you will no longer be able to get an MCSD for VS6, but if you
already have this certification then you will continue to be certified.

> I am interested in doing
> certification on .NET (ASP.NET & VB.NET).

The MCP exams for Visual Studio .NET will continue to be live after June 30
and you will be able to get the MCSD certification you are interested in for
as long as those exams are available. Microsoft retires exams as the
technology they are tied to becomes out-of-date but I've seen exams for
several versions of software that are all available at the same time.

Best of luck!

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) www.cindywinegarden.com

=?Utf-8?B?UmljayBDaGFtcGU=?=

I just passed the 70-156 exam and am wondering if I would qualify for the MSCD designation if I were to pass 70-155 before the retirement date then passed 70-100 and an elective after retirement date at the end of June...any clue?

By the way the study guide helped alot, thanks.

Rick Champe MCP
(E-Mail Removed)

"Cindy Winegarden" wrote:

> In news: 1c6f401c45241$15d50390$(E-Mail Removed),
> Elamaran <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> Hi Elamaran,
>
> > I am planning to do MCSD. But I heard that Microsoft
> > will pull out this certification after June.

> The MCP exams for Visual Studio 6 will no longer be available after June 30.
> That means you will no longer be able to get an MCSD for VS6, but if you
> already have this certification then you will continue to be certified.
>
> > I am interested in doing
> > certification on .NET (ASP.NET & VB.NET).

> The MCP exams for Visual Studio .NET will continue to be live after June 30
> and you will be able to get the MCSD certification you are interested in for
> as long as those exams are available. Microsoft retires exams as the
> technology they are tied to becomes out-of-date but I've seen exams for
> several versions of software that are all available at the same time.
>
> Best of luck!
>
> --
> Cindy Winegarden MCSD, Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
> (E-Mail Removed) www.cindywinegarden.com

Me2

70-100 will be retired as of June 30th, so you will not have the opportunity
to take that exam after June 30th.
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...mstoretire.asp

Additionally, you need to understand what the initials in the certification
moniker mean. There is no Microsoft certification MSCD, the certification
acronym is:
MCSD - Microsoft Certified Solution Developer.

Ralph Page
MBA, CMBA, MCAD .Net, MCDBA 2000, MCSE 2000, CCNA
"Every man is born into the world to do something unique and something
distinctive,
and if he or she does not do it, it will never be done."
-- Dr. Benjamin E. Mays
"Rick Champe" <Rick (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just passed the 70-156 exam and am wondering if I would qualify for the

MSCD designation if I were to pass 70-155 before the retirement date then
passed 70-100 and an elective after retirement date at the end of June...any
clue?

> By the way the study guide helped alot, thanks.
>
> Rick Champe MCP
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> "Cindy Winegarden" wrote:
>
> > In news: 1c6f401c45241$15d50390$(E-Mail Removed),
> > Elamaran <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Elamaran,
> >
> > > I am planning to do MCSD. But I heard that Microsoft
> > > will pull out this certification after June.

> > The MCP exams for Visual Studio 6 will no longer be available after June

30.
> > That means you will no longer be able to get an MCSD for VS6, but if you
> > already have this certification then you will continue to be certified.
> >
> > > I am interested in doing
> > > certification on .NET (ASP.NET & VB.NET).

> > The MCP exams for Visual Studio .NET will continue to be live after June

30
> > and you will be able to get the MCSD certification you are interested in

for
> > as long as those exams are available. Microsoft retires exams as the
> > technology they are tied to becomes out-of-date but I've seen exams for
> > several versions of software that are all available at the same time.
> >
> > Best of luck!
> >
> > --
> > Cindy Winegarden MCSD, Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP
> > (E-Mail Removed) www.cindywinegarden.com

Cindy Winegarden

In news: (E-Mail Removed),
Rick Champe <Rick (E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Hi Rick,

> I just passed the 70-156 exam and am wondering if I would qualify for
> the MSCD designation if I were to pass 70-155 before the retirement
> date then passed 70-100 and an elective after retirement date at the
> end of June...any clue?

Ralph's already answered this one.

> By the way the study guide helped alot, thanks.

I'm glad! Thank you for your kind words.

(E-Mail Removed) www.cindywinegarden.com

Anil Jaswal

MCSD for .net is not expiring after June 2004 only some
older MCSD exams for v6 are gettting expired by June 30,
2004