Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Suggest Me in Developing Cross platform App Development

Suggest Me in Developing Cross platform App Development

princeofcode@gmail.com

Hey all

I am new to this group.

I am planing to develop a GUI application that should work on Windows,
Mac, Linux. Can u suggest me what language (except java)and what
compiler sdk i can use for this.

Thanks
PrinceofCode.

Chris Dollin

> I am new to this group.

Yes.

> I am planing to develop a GUI application that should work on Windows,
> Mac, Linux. Can u suggest me what language (except java)and what
> compiler sdk i can use for this.

Off-topic: why /not/ Java?

On-topic: C. What language would you /expect/ this group to suggest? Of
course, all the GUI libraries are off-topic here.

--
Chris "the developer formerly known as hedgehog" Dollin
"A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought." /Gaudy Night/

Vladimir Oka

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hey all
>
> I am new to this group.
>
> I am planing to develop a GUI application that should work on Windows,
> Mac, Linux. Can u suggest me what language (except java)and what
> compiler sdk i can use for this.

This being comp.lang.c, the language bit is easy: just use C!
For the compiler, just use whatever takes your fancy...

Nelu

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hey all
>
> I am new to this group.
>
> I am planing to develop a GUI application that should work on Windows,
> Mac, Linux. Can u suggest me what language (except java)and what
> compiler sdk i can use for this.

This is OT here.

You should look for a more appropriate group.
But, if you think about C, I could sugest gtk (www.gtk.org).
Also, GTK has bindings in other languages (like python).
The license is LGPL.

There are other Toolkits you could use for C++, as well (Qt, wxWidgets).

Again, this is not the right place for questions such as this.
Come back if you have a C question.

--
Ioan - Ciprian Tandau
(... and that it still works...)

Malcolm

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> Hey all
>
> I am new to this group.
>
> I am planing to develop a GUI application that should work on Windows,
> Mac, Linux. Can u suggest me what language (except java)and what
> compiler sdk i can use for this.

C isn't your language.
--
Buy my book 12 Common Atheist Arguments (refuted)
$1.25 download or $7.20 paper, available www.lulu.com/bgy1mm

Developing cross-platform web/GUI applications Jon Harrop Ruby 8 05-29-2007 11:39 PM
What is a good setup for cross platform development? sandwich_eater@hotmail.com C++ 5 07-04-2005 10:00 AM
C++ cross platform development Clark K C++ 5 03-18-2005 02:52 PM
Cross platform development Karsten C++ 3 09-29-2004 02:54 PM
Cross-Platform GUI Development demibee C++ 0 12-26-2003 10:37 PM

Advertisments