Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > MCSD exams

MCSD exams

sender

i am about to start mcsd 70-306 exam preperation, i have
teken down the informations available on
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-306.asp. can
any body help me in knowing what is the best procrdure i
must follow. shall i follow msdn only or can u prescribed
any book(i am following vb.net programming giud 2nd
editon).
hopeing for a quick reply
thanks
sender

=?Utf-8?B?S29maSBOaW1vaA==?=

"sender" wrote:

> i am about to start mcsd 70-306 exam preperation, i have
> teken down the informations available on
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-306.asp. can
> any body help me in knowing what is the best procrdure i
> must follow. shall i follow msdn only or can u prescribed
> any book(i am following vb.net programming giud 2nd
> editon).
> hopeing for a quick reply
> thanks
> sender

1. Good primer book on .NET: Applied Microsoft .NET programming, by Jeffrery Richter (you want the VB.NET version with Francesco Balena) - this will set you up for all of the examinations and for future reference.

2. Any respectable self-study guide will do. I used the Microsoft Press versions for all of the C# and VB.NET examinations. Judging by reports there are even better ones out there.

3. Use this guys links to MSDN: (www.codeclinic.com) too.

How quickly you get up to speed for the exam depends on your experience really.
Other than that, the examinations are pretty easy really and if you follow the examination requirements and do a couple of weeks study you should be ok.

Me2

You should know that all the coding exams, 310/320, 305/315, and 306/316,
have four areas covered on the exams in common.

These areas are:
ADO.Net
Error Handling
Security
Deployment

You must learn ADO.Net and some basic SQL statements in order to get your
MCAD. If you anticipate taking the SQL 2000 exam as your elective for the
MCSD, then you will need to have a deeper knowledge. Additionally, it may
be helpful if you take the SQL elective as your first study/exam. In any
case, you will need additional materials to bring you up to speed on this
integral part of the .Net architecture.

The other areas are covered in most exam prep materials.

Each of the exams will cover additional areas dealing with the specific area
of the exam.

Have fun,

Ralph Page MBA, CMBA, MCAD .Net, MCDBA 2000, MCSE 2000, CCNA
"Every man is born into the world to do something unique and something
distinctive,
and if he or she does not do it, it will never be done."
-- Dr. Benjamin E. Mays
"sender" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1a2a501c44e23$85f36800$(E-Mail Removed)...
> i am about to start mcsd 70-306 exam preperation, i have
> teken down the informations available on
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-306.asp. can
> any body help me in knowing what is the best procrdure i
> must follow. shall i follow msdn only or can u prescribed
> any book(i am following vb.net programming giud 2nd
> editon).
> hopeing for a quick reply
> thanks
> sender

Eric

sender wrote:

> i am about to start mcsd 70-306 exam preperation, i have
> teken down the informations available on
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-306.asp. can
> any body help me in knowing what is the best procrdure i
> must follow. shall i follow msdn only or can u prescribed
> any book(i am following vb.net programming giud 2nd
> editon).
> hopeing for a quick reply
> thanks
> sender

You should use the Gunderloy Training Guides for all 3 VB.NET tests.

---------------

---------------
>"sender" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
>news:1a2a501c44e23$85f36800$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> i am about to start mcsd 70-306 exam preperation, i have
>> teken down the informations available on
>> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-306.asp. can
>> any body help me in knowing what is the best procrdure i
>> must follow. shall i follow msdn only or can u

prescribed
>> any book(i am following vb.net programming giud 2nd
>> editon).
>> hopeing for a quick reply
>> thanks
>> sender

>.

Me2

This looks familiar.

Ralph Page
MBA, CMBA, MCAD .Net, MCDBA 2000, MCSE 2000, CCNA
"Every man is born into the world to do something unique and something
distinctive,
and if he or she does not do it, it will never be done."
-- Dr. Benjamin E. Mays
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1d22801c45377$74c83cf0$(E-Mail Removed)...

> [...]

If I do the UPGRADE Exams from MCSD.NET to MCPD will I lose MCSD? Msft Certified MCSD 4 07-09-2006 10:50 PM
MCSD vs MCSD.net Georges MCSD 0 07-18-2003 06:19 PM
Re: MCSD vb6 - is it worth it? MCSD v6 exams expiring in 2004 Davin MCSD 0 06-30-2003 03:26 PM
Re: MCSD vb6 - is it worth it? MCSD v6 exams expiring in 2004 Cindy Winegarden MCSD 0 06-29-2003 07:42 PM
How to upgrade from MCSD to MCSD.Net? Deena MCSD 1 06-29-2003 10:53 AM

Advertisments