Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > MYSQL question

MYSQL question

paytam@gmail.com

hi all!!
is it possible to connect to MYSQL Data bases from C program?
if it is possible tell me what should I do?

Dann Corbit

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> hi all!!
> is it possible to connect to MYSQL Data bases from C program?

Yes.
You can use ODBC, OLEDB, .NET adapters or use the C API directly.

> if it is possible tell me what should I do?

1. Go to the MySQL site and download their documentation.
2. Read the documentation
3. Do what it says.

Simon Biber

> hi all!!
> is it possible to connect to MYSQL Data bases from C program?
> if it is possible tell me what should I do?

There are several third-party libraries that you can use to connect to
MySQL databases.

Such functionality is not part of the standard C library itself, and is
not necessarily available on every single C implementation.

--
Simon.

Nelu

On 2006-06-05, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> hi all!!
> is it possible to connect to MYSQL Data bases from C program?
> if it is possible tell me what should I do?

This is off-topic on c.l.c.

You could go to www.mysql.com and check the documentation.
You can also find the libraries and the header files that
you need to use in your C program. That's if you want to
connect directly to the server using their C API. There
are other solutions but some of them may depend on your
OS.
This is just in case you want to use an already existing
library. If you are trying to create a client from scratch
you will need to learn about sockets, pipes or something
else, things that are also off-topic on c.l.c.

--
Ioan - Ciprian Tandau
(... and that it still works...)

SM Ryan

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
# hi all!!
# is it possible to connect to MYSQL Data bases from C program?
# if it is possible tell me what should I do?

Yes, and it's explained in the MySQL reference manual,
available free via download or browseable through http.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/apis.html
for example.

--
SM Ryan http://www.rawbw.com/~wyrmwif/