Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Can VB be as powerful as VC++?

Can VB be as powerful as VC++?

>Just getting something "working" is unprofessional.
>Getting it working right is the way to go. Doing something
>half-ass will burn you in the end. You will have a bad
>reputation with your peers. And I feel sorry for the
>people who have to go in and support your work after
>you've moved on. The way I look at it, if you at least try
>your best to be a consummate professional, it will show
>and you will ultimately benefit from it (new job, raise,
>etc...).

Absolutely.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

>> Incidently, there is more to software development that simple getting
>> 'some product working'.

>I used to think so .. Now I look @ it this way... If you are using a product
>for 3-2 years don't be perfect Just do it is the motto (as far as i have
>seen in last 10 years )
>unless it is a system software .... My point of view any way

What I said is fact.

Solving business problems does NOT revolve around the choice of
development tools. The software tools manufactures might like people
to think that, that it's not the case.

Implementation is only a small part in the development process. The
must important part is making sure that the problem domain to captured
and well understood. If not, any design produced is bound to be wrong
and in the [unlikely] event that the design is chosen for
implementation, will simply result in even more money and time being
wasted.

The various software languages these days allow any experienced
professional to get up to speed in very short period of time. The key
here is the 'experienced professional' part, sadly there is lack of
such people.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3