Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Binary to ASCII

Binary to ASCII

jdorrington@hotmail.com

Wrecked wrote:

> Could someone suggest a method to convert a Binary data to an ASCII
> data, with very less or no increase in the memory . The problem
> basically is there is an excrypted message which needs to be
> transmitted via SMS (mobiles). SMS supports only transmitting of
> printable char ie ASCII characters. I do know methords where in after
> conversion the size becomes twice the original data. Does some one know
> any better, optimal way to do the conversion.

yEnc? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YEnc
ASCII85? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascii85

Regex with ASCII and non-ASCII chars TOXiC Python 5 01-31-2007 04:48 PM
[FR/EN] how to convert the characters ASCII(0-255) to ASCII(0-127) Alextophi Perl Misc 8 12-30-2005 10:43 AM
routine/module to translate microsoft extended ascii to plain ascii James O'Brien Perl Misc 3 03-05-2004 04:33 PM
Binary to ASCII Question dog Java 9 10-27-2003 05:55 PM
Re: ostreams, ios::binary, endian, mixed binary-ascii Marc Schellens C++ 8 07-15-2003 12:27 PM

Advertisments