Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > access html

access html

troy

What do I look for in an Access application and or the
steps to make the application web ready? I have a database
in Access that a client wants to be published to the
internet.

Any help is appreciated.

JaR

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 13:40:40 -0700, troy extemporised:

> What do I look for in an Access application and or the steps to make the
> application web ready? I have a database in Access that a client wants to
> be published to the internet.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

microsoft.public.access

Or, alternatively, my rates are very reasonable, and I can make time. See
header to demung my addy for more info.

JaR

UAError

"troy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>What do I look for in an Access application and or the
>steps to make the application web ready? I have a database
>in Access that a client wants to be published to the
>internet.
>
>Any help is appreciated.

And this is related to MCSD certification how?

This post may be more appropriate in the
microsoft.public.access sub tree

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e....public.access

If there is some kind of wizard for this kind of thing
(which I doubt) somebody over there might know about it.

I'll even throw out an angling line out for you (you still
have to pull it in and sort it out):

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q...ss.*&lr=&hl=en

Furthermore you haven't exactly specified the infrastructure
this web solution is to be deployed on - as that will limit
your options - in the worst case your only option will be an
export to static HTML (which is the easiest to secure;
probably the least effort; most likely not flexible enough).

However in this microsoft centric group many people will
assume an IIS/ASP.NET based web solution. Access can be
accessed via ADO.NET with the OleDb classes

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...mdataoledb.asp

Here's a short sample snippet for connecting to an Access
MDB.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ctiontopic.asp

And now for a seemingly off-topic suggestion - if you are
going to deploy this as a .NET IIS/ASP.NET web solution you
might as well get

Security for Microsoft® Visual Basic® .NET
Author Ed Robinson, Michael James Bond
Pages 416
Disk N/A
Level Beg/Int
Published 05/28/2003
ISBN 0-7356-1919-0
http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/6432.asp
Source Code
http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/boo...nion%20Content

It will give you some code to scavenge as the sample
application (Windows App; ASP.NET is used in Chapter 4) uses
a simple access database (its easy enough to map the Visual
Basic.NET code to C#, should you be using C#) - and you'll
get some much needed (essential but not necessarily
complete) advice on the security for the application (and
the host).