Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Introduce urself

Introduce urself

v4vijayakumar

Nikesh wrote:
> Hi friends
>
> how about introducing urself ?
>
> i m Nikesh from India

Is it a "Me too!" post.

I saw first "me to" post
[http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=bnews.csu-cs.1997] in google 20
Year Usenet Timeline.

Richard Heathfield

v4vijayakumar said:

> Nikesh wrote:
>> Hi friends
>>
>> how about introducing urself ?
>>
>> i m Nikesh from India

> Is it a "Me too!" post.

Could you guys pipe down, please? This newsgroup is supposed to be about C.

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

ais523

CBFalconer wrote:

> Nikesh wrote:

<something with no context>

<snip>

> In this particular case it doesn't matter too much, but in general
> on usenet you should realize that readers may very well not have
> convenient access to previous articles in a thread. That means
> that your reply articles should include adequate context, so that
> they stand by themselves. Google is NOT usenet, it is only a very
> poor interface to the real usenet system. To include proper
> context when using google, see my sig. below. Please be sure to
> read the referenced URLs.

It's not just people with proper newsreaders that get annoyed when
people don't give context. Even on Google, I find it hard to tell who a
poster is replying to when there is no context in a post (messages
often cross on Usenet, so it isn't necessarily the poster immediately
above them in the archives), and I don't want to have to go back to
read the start of a thread to find out what it's about (which isn't
always on the same Web page, or even the same NG). Although most of the
contextless posts on Usenet are due to Google users, that doesn't mean
that Google users can automatically tell who they're replying to.
(For instance, if I hadn't given context above, it would take me
several minutes using Google as a newsreader to determine that this
message was in reply to CBFalconer's, whereas I have seen newsreaders
which could do it in milliseconds.)

Ben C

On 2006-05-16, CBFalconer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Nikesh wrote:
>>
>> U have no communication skills u know
>>
>> well every new thing starts from introduction
>>
>> U may be tired of introducing ur self but it is very important in
>> start of something
>>
>> Just think about it Martin
>>
>> Well i m possessing good knowledge in C and constatnly improving it.
>>
>> All the best

> Why are you showing none of the spelling abilities of my grandson
> in kindergarten? He can communicate much better than you can. He
> correctly spells the words he knows, or at least asks the adults
> how to spell them. This is the sort of thing that makes
> communication easy. Imbecelic childish abbreviations make
> communication hard.

Imbecelic? (Sorry but I couldn't resist...)

CBFalconer

Ben C wrote:
> On 2006-05-16, CBFalconer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

.... snip ...

>> Why are you showing none of the spelling abilities of my grandson
>> in kindergarten? He can communicate much better than you can. He
>> correctly spells the words he knows, or at least asks the adults
>> how to spell them. This is the sort of thing that makes
>> communication easy. Imbecelic childish abbreviations make
>> communication hard.

> Imbecelic? (Sorry but I couldn't resist...)

Use of the wrong middle finger.

Dik T. Winter

In article <SBaag.9222$(E-Mail Removed)> "Tomás" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Dik T. Winter posted:
>
> > Except that you are from India (the use of "u" is a dead giveaway).

> How does his use of "u" suggest that he's from India?
>
> (I'm genuinely curious, not being sarcastic).

It comes from SMS or TEXT (as the Brits call it: TEXT your message to
4131...). As it is English shorthand, and in the US SMS is not used as
much as in other parts of the world, it is most likely that it comes
from an English speaking country in some other part of the world. I
never have seen a Brit use that shorthand. So there is not much that
remains.

Richard Tobin

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Dik T. Winter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>It comes from SMS or TEXT (as the Brits call it: TEXT your message to

That's "Briton", not "Brit". Please don't use these slang
abbreviations on Usenet.

-- Richard

Richard Heathfield

Richard Tobin said:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Dik T. Winter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>It comes from SMS or TEXT (as the Brits call it: TEXT your message to

> That's "Briton", not "Brit". Please don't use these slang
> abbreviations on Usenet.

That's "abbrevs", not "abbreviations".

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999
http://www.cpax.org.uk

pete

Richard Heathfield wrote:

> Richard Tobin said:
>
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > Dik T. Winter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >>It comes from SMS or TEXT
> >>(as the Brits call it: TEXT your message to

> > That's "Briton", not "Brit". Please don't use these slang
> > abbreviations on Usenet.

> That's "abbrevs", not "abbreviations".

I would think that you would prefer "Pomms"
to the fully spelled out version.

--
pete

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Martin_J=F8rgensen?=

Richard Heathfield wrote:
> Richard Tobin said:
>

>>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Dik T. Winter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>It comes from SMS or TEXT (as the Brits call it: TEXT your message to

>>That's "Briton", not "Brit". Please don't use these slang
>>abbreviations on Usenet.

> That's "abbrevs", not "abbreviations".

OMFG!!! How just about "abs" ??? Please don't use those f*cking *ABS* on
usenet? Or better yet: STOP USING THOSE A.'S ON USENET...

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
Martin Jørgensen

Home of Martin Jørgensen - http://www.martinjoergensen.dk

How to introduce delay in Structural description ? priya VHDL 3 10-08-2005 06:51 AM
Bazix introduce One Chip FPGA computer Sander Zuidema VHDL 3 07-16-2005 03:03 PM
Introduce new filetype with httphandler =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?= ASP .Net 4 06-15-2005 06:02 PM
When did Sun introduce JSP? Stan Java 6 02-10-2004 10:35 PM
Could somebody introduce some VHDL books for a beginner? Peng Yu VHDL 0 08-14-2003 05:17 PM

Advertisments