Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Introduce urself

Introduce urself

CBFalconer

Nikesh wrote:

> U have no communication skills u know
>
> well every new thing starts from introduction
>
> U may be tired of introducing ur self but it is very important in
> start of something
>
> Just think about it Martin
>
> Well i m possessing good knowledge in C and constatnly improving it.
>
> All the best

Why are you showing none of the spelling abilities of my grandson
in kindergarten? He can communicate much better than you can. He
correctly spells the words he knows, or at least asks the adults
how to spell them. This is the sort of thing that makes
communication easy. Imbecelic childish abbreviations make
communication hard.

In this particular case it doesn't matter too much, but in general
on usenet you should realize that readers may very well not have
convenient access to previous articles in a thread. That means
that your reply articles should include adequate context, so that
they stand by themselves. Google is NOT usenet, it is only a very
poor interface to the real usenet system. To include proper
context when using google, see my sig. below. Please be sure to
read the referenced URLs.

Dik T. Winter

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com> "Nikesh" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> U have no communication skills u know

I have no idea what you are replying to. Who is "U"? Not everyone is using
the crappy google interface to Usenet you are using.

> well every new thing starts from introduction

What new thing? This newsgroup exists already over 20 years. And even when
it started, nobody introduced him/herself. Even at that time I did not
introduce myself, I just went in.

> U may be tired of introducing ur self but it is very important in start
> of something

If I had to introduce myself to everybody that came into this newsgroup, I
would not have bothered after about 1000 introductions.

> Just think about it Martin

Yes, think about it. Martin (if you mean Martin Jřrgensen) gave much
better information about himself than you do. With his information you
can even determine what he is doing at this moment. Something that is
surely lacking from your "introduction".

> Well i m possessing good knowledge in C and constatnly improving it.

You say so. I even do not know what your surname is, where you are
working, and so on. All that information can be found about Martin
Jřrgensen. So, who are you, except from "Nikesh who is possessing
good knowledge in C and constantly improving it"? Except that you are
from India (the use of "u" is a dead giveaway). (And "urself" has some
strange philosophical connotations I will not even talk about.)

Tomás

Dik T. Winter posted:

> Except that you are from India (the use of "u" is a dead giveaway).

How does his use of "u" suggest that he's from India?

(I'm genuinely curious, not being sarcastic).

-Tomás

pete

Tomás wrote:

> Dik T. Winter posted:
>
> > Except that you are from India (the use of "u" is a dead giveaway).

> How does his use of "u" suggest that he's from India?
>
> (I'm genuinely curious, not being sarcastic).

A lot of Indians do it.
They don't all do it, and everyone that does it isn't Indian.

The real dead giveaway,
is when a poster uses the word "doubts"
where the word "questions" would seem more natural.

--
pete

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Martin_J=F8rgensen?=

pete wrote:
> Tomás wrote:
>
>>Dik T. Winter posted:
>>

>>>Except that you are from India (the use of "u" is a dead giveaway).

>>How does his use of "u" suggest that he's from India?
>>
>>(I'm genuinely curious, not being sarcastic).

> A lot of Indians do it.

I guess they learn to use "u" instead of "you" in their schools...

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
Martin Jřrgensen

Home of Martin Jřrgensen - http://www.martinjoergensen.dk

Keith Thompson

"Nikesh" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> U have no communication skills u know

It's spelled "You", not "U". Silly abbreviations like "u" for "you"
and "ur" for "your" may be acceptable in some forums; this is not one
of them. Please take the time to spell out words so that others can
read what you write.

> well every new thing starts from introduction

This is not a "new thing". This is a newsgroup that has existed for
about a quarter of a century. I can appreciate your desire to be
friendly, but this isn't a chat room.

[...]

> Well i m possessing good knowledge in C and constatnly improving it.

Good for you. Demonstrate it by discussing C. That's what this
newsgroup is for.

And while you're at it, *please* read <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/>
and <http://clc-wiki.net/wiki/Introduction_to_comp.lang.c>. The FAQ
is another good reasource: <http://www.c-faq.com/>.

Jaspreet

Martin Jřrgensen wrote:
> pete wrote:
> > Tomás wrote:
> >
> >>Dik T. Winter posted:

> >>How does his use of "u" suggest that he's from India?
> >>
> >>(I'm genuinely curious, not being sarcastic).

> > A lot of Indians do it.

> I guess they learn to use "u" instead of "you" in their schools...

No, Martin they (or I could say we) do not learn it in schools. The
faculty has better things to teach like Algebra, English Grammar,
Science et al in schools. The usage of u, ur is all due to the SMS
culture which should not be used in usenet. Apologies for that.

pete

Martin Jřrgensen wrote:

> pete wrote:
> > Tomás wrote:
> >
> >>Dik T. Winter posted:

> >>How does his use of "u" suggest that he's from India?
> >>
> >>(I'm genuinely curious, not being sarcastic).

> > A lot of Indians do it.

> I guess they learn to use "u" instead of "you" in their schools...

There was a long thread about it, a long time ago.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp....0f407bd90d265c

"this slang we have learnt from westerners
while we communicate with them"

--
pete

santosh

Nikesh wrote:
> U have no communication skills u know
>
> well every new thing starts from introduction
>
> U may be tired of introducing ur self but it is very important in start
> of something
>
> Just think about it Martin
>
> Well i m possessing good knowledge in C and constatnly improving it.

Look, nobody here cares *who* you are or *where* your are from. As I
explained earlier, this is an Usenet group devoted to ISO C. If you
have a question in that regard, by all means do post it here. However
this group is not like many of the web forums on C/C++, with warm
introductions, nostalgic reminiscences and long-winded off-topic
digressions. As I understand it, from it's start, this group has been a
strictly topic-centered, technical place.

For more information, please be sure to check out the URLs in my
won't be gaining much by repeatedly cutting a fool of yourself here.

santosh

Martin Jřrgensen wrote:
> pete wrote:
> > Tomás wrote:
> >
> >>Dik T. Winter posted:

> >>How does his use of "u" suggest that he's from India?
> >>
> >>(I'm genuinely curious, not being sarcastic).

> > A lot of Indians do it.

> I guess they learn to use "u" instead of "you" in their schools...

Certainly not. Even the worst school won't do that. The culprit here is
the Cell phone and the associated SMS popularised by films and music
channels on TV.

How to introduce delay in Structural description ? priya VHDL 3 10-08-2005 06:51 AM
Bazix introduce One Chip FPGA computer Sander Zuidema VHDL 3 07-16-2005 03:03 PM
Introduce new filetype with httphandler =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?= ASP .Net 4 06-15-2005 06:02 PM
When did Sun introduce JSP? Stan Java 6 02-10-2004 10:35 PM
Could somebody introduce some VHDL books for a beginner? Peng Yu VHDL 0 08-14-2003 05:17 PM

Advertisments