Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Windows equivalent of fstatfs() or fstatvfs()?

Windows equivalent of fstatfs() or fstatvfs()?

Dave

Is there a Windows equivalent to the Unix statfs() or statvfs() call? In
other words is there any function that you can pass a file handle to and get
back disk space information?

Thanks!

Keith Thompson

"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Is there a Windows equivalent to the Unix statfs() or statvfs() call? In
> other words is there any function that you can pass a file handle to and get
> back disk space information?

The people who know the answer to this hang out in newsgroups with
"windows" or "win32" in their names.

Dave

Oh I was looking in comp.lang instead of comp.os. My bad I guess.

Mike

On 2006-05-15, Dave <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Is there a Windows equivalent to the Unix statfs() or statvfs() call? In
> other words is there any function that you can pass a file handle to and get
> back disk space information?

There is, but it's much longer and complicated.
Search for 'FindFirstFile' and 'FindNextFile'.

Mike