Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > How to simulate a key press?

How to simulate a key press?

Joel

Can anyone tell me how to simulate a 'key press' or 2 in C/C++.

Is there any interrupt to do the trick?

Is there any software online to do it?

Regards,

- Joel

Ian Collins

Joel wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to simulate a 'key press' or 2 in C/C++.

What's C/C++?

> Is there any interrupt to do the trick?
>
> Is there any software online to do it?

If there is a way, it is platform specific, so you will have to ask in a
group dedicated to your target platform.

--
Ian Collins.

osmium

"Joel" writes:

> Can anyone tell me how to simulate a 'key press' or 2 in C/C++.
>
> Is there any interrupt to do the trick?
>
> Is there any software online to do it?

Search for "keyboard buffer" on Google. *Also* search Google groups, they
are entirely separate..

Vladimir Oka

Joel wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to simulate a 'key press' or 2 in C/C++.

Yes.

> Is there any interrupt to do the trick?

Yes.

> Is there any software online to do it?

Yes.

> - Joel

Just not in this newsgroup...

Look for whatever group caters for your platform.

doina

If you have a windows application, from another program you can send
messages to your application by using win32 functions. see msdn.
I don't know if this helps but here it is a link:
http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/sendkeys_cpp_Article.asp

I think there must be something for linux too. I used a while ago a
wrapper library for perl and it worked with linux and windows. It is
called guitest or something like that, and for linux: X11 Guitest I
think.

Let me know if you find a better solution.