Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > C code analisys tool

C code analisys tool

kazak

Any solutions?

Richard Heathfield

kazak said:

> Any solutions?

What kind of solutions? I can do you a nice saline if you like. What are you
talking about? Where's the context?

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

jacob navia

kazak a crit :
> Any solutions?

There is no solution.
Nobody has ever done what you want with C in a comprehensive, final way,
because of pointer/address analysis, the difficulties of following
pointers through all possible paths, etc.

For more than VERY simple problems there is no solution.

jacob

Al Balmer

On 12 May 2006 01:58:30 -0700, "kazak" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>No greps or cross references can help, cause I don't care about
>variable only, I want discover all code that deals with it(it's
>execution depends on that variable, but it can be copied in "buff" for
>example and tool must look for buff dependent code and futher more...)
>
>Static analisys is the way, have found a lot of tools like CIL, ACL2
>and other, but using them does not seem to be a trivial task.

You're right, it's non-trivial. There are two approaches that I have
used, neither very attractive. First, you can use the static analysis
tools plus manual bookkeeping to track all affected uses. In
relatively simple cases this is feasible. Second, you can do something
to 'break" the variable (perhaps just eliminate it) and see what else
breaks. Some things may be broken at compile time, and others only at
run time. This can lead to some hairy debugging, and you'll probably
never be sure you got everything.

--
Al Balmer
Sun City, AZ

CBFalconer

kazak wrote:

> Any solutions?

To what, or of what?

In general on usenet you should realize that readers may very well
not have convenient access to previous articles in a thread. That
means that your reply articles should include adequate context, so
that they stand by themselves. Google is NOT usenet, it is only a
very poor interface to the real usenet system. To include proper
context when using google, see my sig. below. Please be sure to
read the referenced URLs.

Keith Thompson

"kazak" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Any solutions?