Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > mcsd .net independent consultants

mcsd .net independent consultants

Session

I'm a new mcsd .net professional looking for various
opportunities. I'm planning to eventually turning to
consulting, so I would like to know if there are any IT
consultants out there who could give me tips on getting
started (finding contracts, networking, hardware and
software to have, ...)

thanks

Session

Experience, Experience, Experience...

As 'Bob' said in an earlier post, get out and about and meet people,
getting involved with user groups & sig's, are great ways in which to
get your name known. Once you get your name know, and if you're any
good (and not just at 'coding') , your reputation will grow.

BTW, it takes many years to become a top notch 'consultant', and even
more to get a good reputation.

Make sure you get a good accountant (and lawyer!) and join a
professional body.

On Thu, 27 May 2004 07:09:27 -0700, "Session"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm a new mcsd .net professional looking for various
>opportunities. I'm planning to eventually turning to
>consulting, so I would like to know if there are any IT
>consultants out there who could give me tips on getting
>started (finding contracts, networking, hardware and
>software to have, ...)
>
>thanks
>
>Session

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

=?Utf-8?B?UGVkcm8gUm9zYSAoTVNGKQ==?=

Much harder exam.. working on concepts, not example situations

Less questions but focus on concepts