Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Program counter

Program counter

Chris Dollin

> I'm a newbie at programming and I'm trying to write a program that
> allows me to count the number of times a program is accessed with the
> result to increment a log file. I can get it to work(ish) with vbs if
> the user opens up the program first and then opens the file, but as
> you can imagine most users open up the file by double clicking in
> explorer or via shortcuts. Has anyone got any advice or can point me in
> the right direction

Asking the same question three times in rapid succession is likely
to put people off helping you, ever.

Especially when it's as dramatically off-topic as this one is.

Try asking on a windows group (since this appears to be a windows-specific
question).

--
Chris "refreshed, revitalised, relaxed, returned, registered" Dollin
Jena User Conference: http://jena.hpl.hp.com/juc2006/index.html

Ducoltd@googlemail.com

I'm a newbie at programming and I'm trying to write a program that
allows me to count the number of times a program is accessed with the
result to increment a log file. I can get it to work(ish) with vbs if
the user opens up the program first and then opens the file, but as
you can imagine most users open up the file by double clicking in
explorer or via shortcuts. Has anyone got any advice or can point me in
the right direction

Anyway thanks in advance!

Ducoltd@googlemail.com

Thanks mate, got a really slow internet connection at work and hit post
2 too many times. I realised what i did and removed the dupicates
straight away. I'm new to furum etiquette so i do appologise. Thanks

Ducoltd@googlemail.com

Sorry new to furums and its etiquette (i did remove the repeated posts
straight away. couldn't find an appropriate location for my post but
ill try the windows group as well

Keith Thompson

(E-Mail Removed) writes:
> Sorry new to furums and its etiquette (i did remove the repeated posts
> straight away. couldn't find an appropriate location for my post but
> ill try the windows group as well

Newsgroups, not forums.

Removing posts (i.e., cancelling articles) doesn't always work. It's
implemented by sending out a "cancel" message, but many sites ignore
cancels -- and it's always possible that the cancel won't catch up
with the original message.

It's also important to provide context when you post a followup. See
<http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/> for details. It's rarely
necessary to quote the entire article to which you're replying. Trim
anything that's not relevant. See most of the articles in this
newsgroup for examples.

<http://clc-wiki.net/wiki/Introduction_to_comp.lang.c> is a good
introduction to this newsgroup. The FAQ is at
<http://www.c-faq.com/>.