Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Re: Can I install WIN Server 2003?

Re: Can I install WIN Server 2003?

JaR

On Tue, 25 May 2004 07:51:07 -0700, phatrice extemporised:

> on top of XP Professional? I have many softwares installed on the
> computer I have now and I want to install Windows Server 2003 on it but
> I wonder if that will mess up anything. Or do I have to format the
> computer to do a clean install of Windows Server 2003?

No, you'll have to do a clean install. You can, however, dual boot. RTFM.

JaR
Clean Thug

=?Utf-8?B?cGhhdHJpY2U=?=

that sucks, would all softwares that are compatible with Windows Xp be compatible with Windows Server 2003? like games and Office etc...?

>that sucks, would all softwares that are compatible with Windows Xp be compatible with Windows Server 2003? like games and Office etc...?

not all.

anyway why on earth would you want to run games or even office on a
server!

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

JaR

On Tue, 25 May 2004 09:56:02 -0700, phatrice extemporised:

> that sucks, would all softwares that are compatible with Windows Xp be
> compatible with Windows Server 2003? like games and Office etc...?

That's not what a server is for. However, as I said before, you can dual
boot!

JaR
Redundant Thug

JaR

On Tue, 25 May 2004 12:01:08 -0700, phatrice extemporised:

> looks like the only solution is to get a new $500 emachine for Windows
> Server 2003

Ok, you win. That's the only solution.

JaR
Dual Booted Thug

>> looks like the only solution is to get a new $500 emachine for Windows
>> Server 2003

>Ok, you win. That's the only solution.

You are a DEU called don, and you wish to dual boot between Windows XP
and Window Server 2003.

Do you

A) Create two partitions installing XP on the one partition and 2003
on another, costing $0.00.

B) Use removable disks, with XP on one and 2003 on another, costing 2
X $15.99ish for each of the caddies and 2 X $30.00ish for two cheap
old ide disks.

C) Spend $500.00 on a new machine.

E) Phone osama bin laden for help.

Choice the most expensive answer.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

QAZ

Is this on the Cert Test?

UAError

"phatrice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>looks like the only solution is to get a new $500 emachine for Windows Server 2003

<Groan>

What makes you think that you are the first one to try this?
problems and issues related to this:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=du...=Google+Search

Unfortunately by doing this you may actually learn something
about the platform (and the underlying technologies) that
you are working with...

Schfooge

"QAZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1261901c4429f$9c8f8060$(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]

Yes. Kline has gone over to the dark side and posted a
brain dump.

>Yes. Kline has gone over to the dark side and posted a
>brain dump.

keep it down over there!!! Hope the founding fathers are watching!!!

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3