Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Microsoft Quick+insertion

Microsoft Quick+insertion

CBFalconer

Am wrote:

> gprof, but can you post the link if possible

Meaningless. Include adequate context. See below for how on the
broken google interface to usenet.

pete

Diomidis Spinellis wrote:

> Check out Bentley McIlroy's
> classic paper "Engineering a Sort Function". Software---Practice and
> Experience 23(11):1249--1269, November 1993. I located an online copy
> at
> http://www.enseignement.polytechniqu...ngineering.pdf

It has at least one mistake concerning the c programming language.

This footnote is wrong in what it says
about the pointer to void type, compeling casting:

We have used simple parameter declarations for readability.
The official prototype in the ANSI standard header file,
<stdlib.h>, is6
void qsort(void *, size_t, size_t, int (*)(const void *, const void *));
This declaration can be used no more honestly than ours.
The first argument compels casting in the source of qsort;
the last compels casting in programs that call it.

--
pete