Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > how can I send the error message to the user by email?

how can I send the error message to the user by email?

DaVinci

linux debian 2.6.16
how can I send the error message to the user by email?
such as
void sendmail(char* errormsg ,char* email)
{

}

how can I implements the function?

any suggestion is apprecitated.
thanks very much

ranjmis

DaVinci wrote:
> linux debian 2.6.16
> how can I send the error message to the user by email?
> such as
> void sendmail(char* errormsg ,char* email)
> {
>
> }
>
> how can I implements the function?
>
> any suggestion is apprecitated.
> thanks very much

The problem is more related to network programming so better post in
appropriate group

<suggestion>
you need to interact with a SMTP server through your program
</suggestion>

Keith Thompson

"DaVinci" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> linux debian 2.6.16
> how can I send the error message to the user by email?
> such as
> void sendmail(char* errormsg ,char* email)
> {
>
> }
>
> how can I implements the function?

There is no portable way to do this. (C implementations exist on
systems that don't even have networking, let alone e-mail.) You'll
need to ask in a newsgroup that's specific to your system.