Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > lint and Makefiles

lint and Makefiles

barcaroller

Not sure whether this is the right newsgroup but... is there any way I can
tell lint (or one of its derivates) to pick up DEFINE statements/macros and
header file INCLUDE paths from Makefiles so that I do not have to pass them
through the lint command-line?

Flash Gordon

barcaroller wrote:
> Not sure whether this is the right newsgroup but... is there any way I can
> tell lint (or one of its derivates) to pick up DEFINE statements/macros and
> header file INCLUDE paths from Makefiles so that I do not have to pass them
> through the lint command-line?

This is not the right group. We only deal with C here, not the thousands
of tool sets that people use when programming in C.

Michael Mair

barcaroller schrieb:
> Not sure whether this is the right newsgroup but... is there any way I can
> tell lint (or one of its derivates) to pick up DEFINE statements/macros and
> header file INCLUDE paths from Makefiles so that I do not have to pass them
> through the lint command-line?

This is not on-topic in comp.lang.c.
<OT>
splint, for example, has the -I option to add include paths and the -D
and -U options to define or undefine macros; combined with an
appropriate make (or basing make and splint on the same data), this
may be what you want.
</OT>

Cheers
Michael

PC-Lint complains about this code, but I don't know what's wrong withit (PC-Lint error #145) David Sudolcan C Programming 7 04-04-2011 02:58 AM
Ant vs Makefiles Harris L Java 20 12-02-2004 10:35 AM
Makefiles written in C++ and automatic compilation with GPLed Lake Wybo Wiersma C++ 0 10-01-2004 03:20 PM
Makefiles for JAVA sasquatch Java 5 11-12-2003 08:12 PM
Making of Makefiles dharmesh Gupta C++ 2 08-26-2003 06:54 AM

Advertisments