Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > compairing No without Operator

compairing No without Operator

sonu

Hi i want to find the greater number without any operator.

so please any one help me and send some code

Thanks
Sonu

robin liu

What are you meaning? without any operator is without all operator included
+ - * / ?

"sonu" <(E-Mail Removed)> ????
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Hi i want to find the greater number without any operator.
>
> so please any one help me and send some code
>

> Thanks
> Sonu

Keith Thompson

"sonu" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Hi i want to find the greater number without any operator.

Why?

> so please any one help me and send some code

Again, why?

Ian Collins

sonu wrote:
> Hi i want to find the greater number without any operator.
>
> so please any one help me and send some code

Any? Please elaborate.

--
Ian Collins.

CBFalconer

sonu wrote:

> Hi i want to find the greater number without any operator.
>
> so please any one help me and send some code

Here is some code. All you have to do is decode it.

rprbc rprbd rprca rprcb rprcd rprda rprdb
rprdc
rraaa rraab rraac rraad rraap rraba rrabb
rrabc
rrabd rrabp rraca rracb rracd rracp rrada
rradb
rradc rradp rrapa rrapb rrapc rrapd rrbaa
rrbab
rrbac rrbad rrbap rrbba rrbbc rrbbd rrbbp
rrbca
rrbcb rrbcd rrbcp rrbda rrbdb rrbdc rrbdp
rrbpa
rrbpb rrbpc rrbpd rrcaa rrcab rrcad rrcap
rrcba
rrcbb rrcbd rrcbp rrcda rrcdb rrcdp rrcpa
rrcpb
rrcpd rrdaa rrdab rrdac rrdap rrdba rrdbb
rrdbc
rrdbp rrdca rrdcb rrdcp rrdpa rrdpb rrdpc
rrpaa
rrpab rrpac rrpad rrpba rrpbb rrpbc rrpbd
rrpca

Eric Sosman

sonu wrote:

> Hi i want to find the greater number without any operator.

Your desires are very peculiar. Have you sought treatment?

--
Eric Sosman
(E-Mail Removed)lid

Mike Wahler

"sonu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
> Hi i want to find the greater number without any operator.

With my telephone service provider, dialing the
number zero connects me with an operator. Dialing
any of the other (greater) numbers (one through nine)
does not.

So you easily can find a greater number without any
operator: See your telephone set, and choose one other
than zero.

> so please any one help me and send some code

Some code:

int main()
{
return 0;
}

-Mike

Mark McIntyre

On 15 Mar 2006 21:56:08 -0800, in comp.lang.c , "sonu"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi i want to find the greater number without any operator.

The list of operators in C is extensive:
+ - * / % = . -> > < <= >= == != >> << ++ -- [] & | ^ && || ?:
sizeof and (typename) *= += -= /= <<= >>= &= |= ^=

and probably a few more. I suspect it'd be fairly hard to do anything
without /some/ of them.

I suspect you need to specify the list of operators your teacher has
banned.
Mark McIntyre
--Brian Kernighan

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi i want to find the greater number without any operator.

I may have it.

#include <stdio.h>
int main(void)
{
char x[12], y[12];
printf("please enter two numbers, the larger first\n");
scanf("%s %s",x, y);
printf("%s is larger\n", x);
return 0;
}

The square brackets aren't operators in that context. However if you
object to that picked nit, this also works:

#include <stdio.h>
int main(void)
{
printf("please enter two numbers, the larger first\n");
getchar();
printf("the first one is larger\n");
return 0;
}

Do I win a prize?
Mark McIntyre
--Brian Kernighan

Eric Sosman

Mark McIntyre wrote:
> On 15 Mar 2006 21:56:08 -0800, in comp.lang.c , "sonu"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Hi i want to find the greater number without any operator.

> I may have it.
>
> #include <stdio.h>
> int main(void)
> {
> char x[12], y[12];
> printf("please enter two numbers, the larger first\n");

This uses the () operator to call printf (the parens
are described as a "postfix operator" in 6.5.2).

--
Eric Sosman
(E-Mail Removed)lid